Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic EX Coupe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I am. Finally went and got my first car. 2012 Civic EX Coupe... Not exactly the budget sports car I was originally imagining getting (cough Si cough), but I think it'll serve me well for the time I have it.
Our family has owned mostly Hondas for the entire time I've been alive, but this is the first time we've had a Civic in that time - and now, it's actually mine!

Needs a little TLC on the inside but I bought it from a good dealer that repairs their cars before selling them, so it should get a nice long life in the end.
might give it some light/tasteful mods in the future though ;)

IMG_20200224_125006714_HDR.jpg IMG_20200224_125017281_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2013 ex coupe 5 speed manual
65 Posts
Congrats on the car! It is the exact same car as mine was, before I sold it to my Dad and got a 2013 blue coupe with a stick.
How is the paint? My black coupe was covered by the factory recall, so they repainted the hood, roof, and trunklid for free. Black is beautiful!
I think you should mod the stereo, wheels, bulbs, and tint. Please don't put an exhaust on an automatic. It will sound silly. Change your own oil. It will give you a sense of pride and accomplishment. Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the paint? My black coupe was covered by the factory recall, so they repainted the hood, roof, and trunklid for free. Black is beautiful!
I looked it up and it seems my car was never affected by the recall, and all the paint looks fine so no problem there.
Also not gonna lie, black is nice, but blue is probably my "dream color," if there ever was such a thing... (your car looks really nice)

I think you should mod the stereo, wheels, bulbs, and tint. Please don't put an exhaust on an automatic. It will sound silly.
(warning: personal opinions)
Everyone in my family is actually impressed with the stereo that came stock with this car (sub and all) and I'm not much of a "music in the car" guy anyway..
I've seen some nice designs for custom headlights so I might consider something like that, and rims are always good too.
I can pretty safely say I won't be tinting the windows or anything like that, visibility is already an interesting factor in this little coupe (at least, coming from an '04 Odyssey), and I like to stay legal too ?
Putting an exhaust on any 4 cylinder is often just asking for trouble (or misery) anyway, so I'll stay away from that.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
65 Posts
How are you enjoying the car? I hope it's been trouble free. It's weird how your car is the same as my old one, but not covered by the recall. Did you check it, or did you have the dealer check? They are much less likely to admit that it was covered. Oh well, it was only good for 7 years from the original sale.
I also liked the sound quality, but it was hard to work with complex mp3 file structures.
Aloha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you enjoying the car? I hope it's been trouble free.
It has been trouble-free! There's a couple odd things about it that have been there when I first bought it (which I might post about sometime?), but nothing serious as far as I can tell. I'm definitely still enjoying it. Though I have to say, knowing the very next year got redesigned and redone all over, it is a little sad, but honestly I don't mind that much, this car is still great as-is.
Honestly, in a perfect world, I would have gotten a car just like yours, if I found one at the right time for the right price, and actually knew how to drive stick..... I'm a sucker for blue cars, I hope you enjoy that one ?

It's weird how your car is the same as my old one, but not covered by the recall. Did you check it, or did you have the dealer check? They are much less likely to admit that it was covered.
I dunno, I saw that and looked it up and it said it had already been fixed, so I'll trust that for now.

Thanks for checking in!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

The coupe did not get its 'overall' redesign, including front and rear end, and front fenders, until 2014. What the 2013 coupe got was a slightly fancier dashboard and other small upgrades. The sedan got its 'overall' upgrade, which included front and rear end and updated dashboard, in 2013.

So you don't have to feel so bad. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

The coupe did not get its 'overall' redesign, including front and rear end, and front fenders, until 2014. What the 2013 coupe got was a slightly fancier dashboard and other small upgrades. The sedan got its 'overall' upgrade, which included front and rear end and updated dashboard, in 2013.

So you don't have to feel so bad. ;)
Yeah, from what I recall, the differences between my '12 and '13 were a rearview camera, auto climate control, nicer plastics, two tone alloy wheels, and bigger front rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts