9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Critics say Honda might be losing it's edge. I think Honda has lost its edge for the past 10 years. 2001-2005 being the worst time, ugly looking and slow Civics. What do you have to say about Honda?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think Honda has been playing it's cards very safely, ...rather than going all in without knowing what's in the river cards. In the long run, I think it'll favor Honda. Sometimes it's okay to be a little humble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honda has already lost it's performance edge but they are doing well in sales. Honda is following Toyota's business model. Honda's focus is eco not performance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Decency

I've followed the development of the 9th Gen Civic from the beginning. I've owned Civics on and off since 1975. I've owned Hondas and Acuras since 1975. I own a 2008 Si and CRV. I've watched the changes in Honda Corporation attitude thru the years. I don't always agree, especially the past 10 years. Reading the comments on TOV, 8th Gen Civic, 9th Gen Civic, and the Accord forum I can tell there is a fair amount of Honda owners' disappointment in the Honda Corporation's direction.
I am disappointed at many of the negative posts I've seen on this board by those who do not own a 9th Gen Civic. If you don't like the 9th Gen Civic or even respect it, nor own it, this isn't the board for you! Get off and go back to whatever board you can be positive about it's subject. I am a died-in-the-wool Honda person from portable generator, pressure washer, lawnmowers, 4-wheeler, both cars and soon boatmotor. I can be here w/o apology and maybe even express an objective evaluation of this latest offering but trashing and be-littling is absolutely in poor taste and just wrong. Though I wish there were a few differences in the 9th Gen Civic, including Si, it, to me is still well beyond any of the competition in quality, reliability, re-sale value, longivity, style(even with that Camry trunk!!), and driving experience. You 9th Gen buyers did well!:)

·
Registered
980 Posts
You 9th Gen buyers did well!:)
Thanks sew - love what you just said! :sigh:

Yes, even I can see and tell that Honda isn't moving in a direction that thrills enthusiasts. They could make a mid-cycle or a 10th that's even better, but not quite holding my breath for that to happen, and in the meantime there's still a great offering with the 9th gen Civic... both for mpg lovers and those that want some move in a ride.

·
Registered
896 Posts
:thumb: amen brother.

As far as the Camry trunk goes there was a Mercedes that had a very similar look so if anyone brings up the trunk to me I just say yea well it looks more like a Mercedes so put it in your pipe and smoke it. lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Sew, I agree, but in the end, haters will be haters. That's just the way people are nowadays, so ready to jump on the balls of something if it isn't what they expected or wanted. Personally I really like the new Si, and I'm excited for it, so I don't let other's comments affect my own thoughts, because at the end of the day, I drive what I want to drive. I completely agree that if someone doesn't like it, they should hop off the site, but yet they stay for some odd reason, as if their opinion will sway the whole member base. Confuses me. Honestly I think with more exposure these things will fade away, but until then it just seems like 'decency' will indeed be lacking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
potential upset customer!

So after hearing and reading that honda will be "refreshing" , i became quite pissed haha..if the refresh only involves interior details and a couple minor changes i wouldn't be as upset..but if any performance additions are addes to the vehicle(si) I will definitely throw a bitch fit haha..this just says Honda released a half ass car and cheated all of us out .and i believe if this does happen us 9th gen owners should be given some type of compensation..my car was not cheap so if I'm going to be paying this off for a cpl years i want some form of redemption from honda and if we all make a stink of this nothing might happen but maybe media attention will help? Just saying ...

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would be pissed too if I was in your shoes. After hearing how a potential early model "refreshing", I've decided to wait to get my Si Sedan until the 2013 model releases.

·
Registered
16 Posts
isn't there a turbo civic coming out in 2013? I hope that comes to North America too. Also hoping for a Dual clutch?

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
PETITION:laugh:

we 2012 owners should definitely get some sort of compensation...rumors have it that it's going to have a different interior/exterior design (probably not an outrageous upgrade) as well as better handling. i'd be pretty pissed as well if performance takes a big jump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, as I like my 2012 and don't plan to sell it for about 15+ years, I'm not all that concerned about a new model. They'll probably just screw it up from my perspective trying to doll it up for the press.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after hearing and reading that honda will be "refreshing" , i became quite pissed haha..if the refresh only involves interior details and a couple minor changes i wouldn't be as upset..but if any performance additions are addes to the vehicle(si) I will definitely throw a bitch fit haha..this just says Honda released a half ass car and cheated all of us out .and i believe if this does happen us 9th gen owners should be given some type of compensation..my car was not cheap so if I'm going to be paying this off for a cpl years i want some form of redemption from honda and if we all make a stink of this nothing might happen but maybe media attention will help? Just saying ...
Why did you buy it if you didn't like it? This makes no sense.

·
Registered
980 Posts
They're in the dog house now either way - and they can't even build enough of the 2012s at the moment too. Honda's got some serious issues at the moment... PLEASE FIRE YOUR WHOLE NA MANAGEMENT TEAM!!!

I'm happy with the car itself though, the Si was enough for me to buy, but honestly I wouldn't have touched the regular Civics of this generation. At the price it was priced at though, the Si is a good value indeed... try shopping for something else that's as overall balanced and sporty.

Will be interesting to see what really transpires come 2013. By then I'd have a good number of miles and lots of good fun driving the 2012... but if Honda truly ups the game, like 240hp+ in the Si, then I'll gladly trade up. What's the chances of that happening?... and I'm sure it'd cost more, but give me that and HIDs, I'll open my pocket.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.