9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Honda expects a production increase in July and August, and said the worst effects of the March 11 earthquake are now behind it.

According to John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda in a memo written to dealers yesterday, Honda has more CR-Vs, Pilots and Fits in stock now than it did a year ago.

However Accord and Civic inventories are lower than last May due to damaged supply chains.

Honda sales were down by one-third in the first 10 days of May, and production is expected to bottom out this month, Mendel said.

"As we have stated before, we hit our low point and we are now moving ahead with increased production capacity," Mendel wrote.

He did not specify whether inventories for June would be much better, but said in July he expected an 11-percent rise over June, and increased production in August over July.

[Source: Automotive News]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Si! Si! Si! Bring in the Si!

:cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read somewhere a while ago the HF was coming out May 6th or something like that and the SI was the 23rd or 24th.... I think the HF came out the 6th or around then. I just wish Honda would give a release date or at least some sort of time frame. haha

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
just took a ride to a local honda dealership litterally 5 min ago and looks like no car carriers are there waiting for the morning to deliver the Si's..lol

I recorded my trip, its about a 6 minute video of me driving around and some guys telling me that the strip club i drove by is closed...and hitting vTAk in my MDX but i dont think im gonna upload it since its corny. If there had been si's there, then it would of been less corny haha

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Speaking of taking a trip to a dealer, recently I saw two EX-Ls at a dealership nearby. I saw them while driving past the location, one black and one silver. They were lookin good :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's just what I read somewhere which coming closer and closer to today I started to not believe it more and more... My grandfather used to be the GM of a Honda in PA and still knows a lot of people and is keeping me updated with the invoices they get a couple weeks in advance but as of now it doesn't look like any are coming for atleast another two weeks if that... I'll try to keep it updated as soon as I get the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.