9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right area, in fact I don't think I am, but I didn't know where else to post it. Feel free to move it if need be.

Anywho, I received a genuine Honda remote starter as a gift for Christmas. It was purchased at my local Honda dealership, the same one I bought my car at, a 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan. They just installed it for me today.

I noticed one thing that concerns me - even if I have my automatic headlights switched on, they do not turn on when I start my car using the remote starter (nor do my tail lights). Is this normal? They do turn on when I start the car manually, and I have noticed that other people's headlights turn on using different remote starters.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Your DRL should turn on, then when you put your key in your lights should turn on, someone correct me if I'm wrong:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't think the LX has automatic headlights. Either way I'd prefer OEM plug in vs aftermarket cut into the harness.

Also you have to turn off the car to get in and restart it with the key, so you can't just get in and turn on the headlights, a big gripe of many, I don't think I would mind though as long as my car was comfortable when I got in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My definition of automatic headlights and the rest of the world's might be different, haha. I'm not that car-savvy. I just mean the headlights are switched to the 'on' position, I start up the car with the remote starter, the engine starts but the headlights/tail lights do not. They do, however, turn on automatically when I get into the car and start the car manually.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
571 Posts
DRL's won't turn on until the car is on and the Parking Brake is released.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,525 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts