9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this is discussed in another thread, I checked about 3 pages deep in this sub-forum and nothing really answered specifically what I'm about to ask.

I'm looking to purchase a 2015 Civic Si Coupe in the Dyno Blue Pearl color. I've talked to my local dealer and received an estimate for the base-model but I've been weighing my options on some of the accessories.

I'm having trouble deciding on the under body kit. Specifically because of how it drops the car down a bit. I'd also like to say that I live in Cleveland, OH. We go through some rough winters here, certainly not the worst in the States but the last few years have yielded some pretty terrible (sometimes unavoidable) pot holes. How does the car preform in the snow? Do you feel it bottom out at all? Ever ripped through a nasty pot hole? All opinions are welcome but I'm specifically hoping to hear from any Si owners with the under body kit living in the snow belt. I like the way the under body kit looks, I think it adds more personality to the car but at the same point I wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks a lot guys. Hope to hear from ya soon. I'M GETTING REALLY ANXIOUS TO GET THIS CAR!!! :eusa_dance:

-Cory

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll answer your question before some sensitive people tell you to use the search button. I have an hfp on my 2013 si coupe. it does give it a meaner look. i got mine online because it was cheaper. the snow/salt does build up under, just make sure you get it out everyday you drive in the snow before it hardens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, yes. The search button, silly me. Newb alert! (Pls don't hurt me sensitive people) lol. I have since searched "under body" but your answer is still the most helpful reply I've read so far. Thank you for your input! :icon_wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
It definitely improves the overall look of the car. I went for when I bought mine, and I'm glad I did. I'm in Ontario, and was hesitant about it in the snow too. But seems to be on there pretty good. I'll find out when winter rolls around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
155 Posts
The snow builds up in the front of the side skirts. That's what happened to me, but, luckily my friend helped me put it back in place

·
Registered
192 Posts
The snow builds up in the front of the side skirts. That's what happened to me, but, luckily my friend helped me put it back in place
There is a mounting bracket about 1/2 way down the car on the side skirts. I've seen that ball up with a ton of wet leaves after driving on wet roads with leaves in the fall. It might catch snow and ice as well. But really, not big thing, I just wiped it out easily.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered the front under spoiler but have yet to install it as I didn't realize it involves drilling holes in the bumper so if you do decide to do it I would suggest trying to wheel and deal to have it dealer in stalled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts