9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became the proud owner of a 2014 Si, having previously owned a sixth and seventh series Ex. So far the only problem I have encountered is that I can't get Hondalink to connect to my Google Pixel XL.

When I attempt to connect I am met with a notification stating "Unable to connect to mobile device using Bluetooth" and it suggests that I check the Bluetooth settings.

I am able to connect through Bluetooth to listen to music, access my texts, make calls, etc.

I have also tried to connect through usb with no success.

I have performed a factory reset on the head unit, which didn't fix this issue. I have deleted and re-paired the devices a couple of times. Again, no dice.

Anyone have any insight on this issue? Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for any help!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
if i recall, you need a proprietary cable (provided by Honda) and it's only available for IOS (apple) world. does not work with Android. i could be wrong.

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
I'm DWils, and I approve this message.

Or you could just take it to the dealership and make them fix it for you or figure out what the problem is. I know that sometimes the Pixel line can be finicky with things for a while until a new update comes out, or after a new one is released. I had a Pixel and now a Pixel 3a and couldn't be happier but they do have some quarks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts