9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will hondata allow you to disable the tpms system? my system is giving me fits and plan on getting Hondata soon a and was curious

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any troubleshooting advice with the tpms? mine doesn't have the reset or recalibrate option on the display. From what I've read it auto calibrates and uses wheel speed to determine proper inflation. Does it have sensors in the wheel at the valve stem?

·
Registered
325 Posts
What year is your car? My 12 doesn't use wheel speed sensors like the newer ones, it has TPMS in the wheels. I don't have the calibrate option on the IMID display due to this.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yeah we are going to need some more info to help you. What exactly is the problem?
Have you confirmed your tire pressure is correct? Have you recently gotten new wheels/tires?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock si rims with 215/45/17 tires.
36 psi on all 4
Not recent tires change
I bought this car a month ago in the light has always been on

·
Registered
983 Posts
2013 has direct sensors so There is likely a fault in one of them. Any tire shop should be able to identify the fault and take care of it.
There are tools to DIY but they are pricey and you will need to mount/balance so it's best to have a tire shop handle it.

As for slicks, you cannot disable the TC while tpms has a fault. So there really is no work around.

You can search around a bit, there has been mention of users putting the sensors in a pressurized pvc tube or removing the tpms module but I can't confirm if that will work or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've not tried any of this, as a 12 owner with direct sensors, so this is what I've read.
The PVC tube may work for a short period of time. Problem is these sensors kind of "go to sleep" when not rolling. I work in a Ford assembly plant, and we have to wake up these sensors before programming the vehicle. Makes sense, no one wants to replace the batteries once a year.
The best option IMO is the Hondata traction control. If you run slicks with no sensors, you can still adjust how much slip you have.
Several months back there was someone wanting to design a TPMS signal faker, but haven't seen anything back on it. Wanted to help them, but had alot of overtime.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Any troubleshooting advice with the tpms? mine doesn't have the reset or recalibrate option on the display. From what I've read it auto calibrates and uses wheel speed to determine proper inflation. Does it have sensors in the wheel at the valve stem?
If you don't have the reset, you have sensors inside the wheel. You need to fix those.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
2013 has sensors in the wheels. Chances are at least one has a dead battery or might be broken. Take it to a discount tire if you have one of those around you, they scan for free and can help diagnose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts