Since you guys aren't reading the actual site, I'm going to copy paste it here and then you can stop asking questions that are answered.
What is FlashPro?
The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging for the 2012+ Civic Si 2.4 and the 2013+ Acura ILX 2.4. It includes Windows based software called FlashPro Manager. The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide real time programming, a variety of calibrations and extensive datalogging capabilities.
Price and availability
$695 - available 5 November. Make sure you order your FlashPro through a Hondata authorized dealer so that you obtain the full benefits of the FlashPro, including warranty.
|Vehicle||ECU Part Number||FlashPro Part Number|
2012+ 2.4 Civic Si
| RX0-A03 through A05||FP-2012SI-US|
2013+ Acura ILX 2.4
For confirmation the ECU can be located in the engine bay beside the battery.
I already have a reflash. Is there a discount?
Yes. There is a rebate of $100. The process will be documented closer to the release date.
2012 SI / Acura ILX tuning features
- Programmable ECU interface.
- Connects via OBDII diagnostic port.
- USB 2.0 connection
- Works with Laptop or Desktop
- No ECU modification necessary.
- Live tuning
- 20 hours on board datalogging memory.
- FlashProManager Windows software.
- Check and clear diagnostic codes.
- Customizable laptop gauges.
- Readiness codes and smog check status.
- Dual calibration storage - upload from one of two calibrations stored in the FlashPro.
- Ignition, fuel, idle speed, table editing.
- VTEC window.
- MAP sensor based tuning.
- Rev and launch limiters.
- Map tracing & lambda overlay.
- Choice of either AFM or MAP based fuel tuning.
- Expanded fuel ignition and knock tables for forced induction.
- 4 bar MAP sensor support (43 psi).
- Support for larger injectors.
- Injector latency / dead time.
- Individual cylinder fuel & ignition trim.
- Individual cylinder knock control
- Starting calibrations for NA, forced induction & larger injectors.
For a more detailed feature lists see the FlashPro help file.
What do I need to run the software?
- Laptop or desktop
- 32 or 64 bit Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8*
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet Access
* The software will also work on Intel based Macs running Bootcamp
with the above specifications. Has been extensively tested and works well. Parallels
and VMWare virtualization software has been tested with no problems found to date. Training videos We've put together a series of training videos to describe the function and use of the FlashPro. Some of the videos were shot using pre-release software. Some displayed functions have changed slightly. View the videos in High Definition Full Screen to view the screen shots.
Hondata's programming tool for the Civic Si / Acura ILX.
This video covers the installation the FlashPro Manager software, the USB drivers, software registration and upload of a calibration.
Live tuning gives you the ability to tune your Honda or Acura on the fly without switching off the engine. Live tuning simplifies part throttle tuning and significantly reduces the time and cost of tuning your car.
A look a the extensive datalogging capabilities of the FlashPro and the many ways in which to examine your engine data. We touch on the datalogging of the air fuel ratios and how you can use it to adjust your tuning.Questions and Answers
- Do I need to send my ECU to Hondata?
No. Your ECU does not need to be modified for FlashPro.
- Can it improve the rev hang?
Yes. Revs will drop sooner after gearchange.
- Are there base calibrations?
Yes, for injectors ranging from 270-1300cc.
*UPDATE* Hondata has released a reflash equivalent base map.
- Do I need dyno tuning?
It shouldn't be necessary for common part combinations (intake, exhaust), but you still have the option of custom tuning if you wish to get a little more. Camshafts and race headers probably will need tuning to get the most of the them - it will depend on the manufacturer. Dyno tuning is highly recommended for forced induction.
- What about smog?
According to US and CA law the FlashPro is for off road use only. However, if you did smog with you would find the readiness codes supported and complete as long as your emissions systems are intact and working.
- Will this work on more than one vehicle?
The FlashPro is locked to one vehicle. It can be unlocked and transferred to another vehicle by returning the ECU to stock.
- Can I share the calibrations I make for my car?
- Do I need the laptop in the vehicle to reflash the ECU?
No. The FlashPro can upload either with or without a laptop.
- So does that mean 1 unit Hondata FlashPro can only work with one ecu or car only? Which mean I can't buy one FlashPro and use it together with a few of my friend's Si/ILXs?
One ECU and vehicle at a time. You can unlock the FlashPro by returning the ECU to stock, and then transfer to another vehicle.
- Any option of immobilizer control?
The immobilizer can not be disabled. We've implemented a number of features designed to protect the owner of the vehicle from theft, and one of these is not to allow the immobilizer to be disabled. This is going to be much less of an issue than previous products because the ECU does not need to be removed / swapped.
-Will this support a 64-Bit Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8?
- Can it control nitrous?
No. However, you can at least control the ignition timing to make nitrous safer.
Will dealers need a software license?
No. Every FlashPro will come with the full tuning software FlashPro Manager.
- Will this version be compatible with Canadian Built Si's ECU?
Yes, Canadian models use RX0-A03 *Verified by AlienPrime 10/26/2012*
- Where can I buy FlashPro?
Hondata has a list of official dealers Dealers
- Would it be possible to use the 06-11 flashpro box with the 12si once the software is released?
No. The new Flashpro unit itself is different for the new ECU.
- Does FlashPro void my warranty?
You can always flash back to stock. As long as you're flashed to stock you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
- WTF is an E-Dyno?
The e-dyno is an online tool that allows you to upload a data log and produce a dyno chart. It tends to be surprisingly accurate and usually the results usually fall in line with real dynos.
- What happens when I flash a calibration?
Your imid will cycle through all of the various warning messages that it is capable of displaying. When the flash is complete, all of the lights and errors return to normal and the flashpro light turns off.