9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Will you buy tuning software by Hondata for your 9thgen civic?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No, I will leave my ECU stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 5 16.1%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to start a poll to see how many people would buy a tuning system from Hondata for the 9thgen once it gets released.

Hopefully if theres is a lot of interest, Hondata will release a tuning system compatible with the 9th gen civics sooner rather then later!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Of course I'll get it, but wait till it comes out and someone buys it and then later down the road sells it for a cheaper price...Sheeeeezz, it makes me sound like a scavenger.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Ya ill buy it if they make it for the canadian versions this time!!!
oh they never had it? I thought Flashpro also works with Canadian 8th gen civics?

I guess the EP3 Canadian version was the last to get Hondata K-Pro.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Of course I'll get it, but wait till it comes out and someone buys it and then later down the road sells it for a cheaper price...Sheeeeezz, it makes me sound like a scavenger.
Nope, that makes you thrifty. I bought my FP used along with the Reflash but since I was an owner of the Reflash I got a rebate from Hondata once I acquired my FP. It pays to wait & be patient.

I am curious to see what kind of timetable Hondata has for the 9th gens. It seems with every new gen the products are delivered @ a faster rate. KPRO for the EP3 took forever to be released but once it was the builds went through the roof.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, but just thinking when, does modding the ecu void powertrain warranty?

If so then imma wait a little bit, actually I think I might keep my car completely -stock- (as crazy as that may sound) for a little bit, always wondered what owning a stock car would feel like lol

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, that makes you thrifty. I bought my FP used along with the Reflash but since I was an owner of the Reflash I got a rebate from Hondata once I acquired my FP. It pays to wait & be patient.

I am curious to see what kind of timetable Hondata has for the 9th gens. It seems with every new gen the products are delivered @ a faster rate. KPRO for the EP3 took forever to be released but once it was the builds went through the roof.
I asked for a timeline but have gotten a response back yet.

Yes, but just thinking when, does modding the ecu void powertrain warranty?

If so then imma wait a little bit, actually I think I might keep my car completely -stock- (as crazy as that may sound) for a little bit, always wondered what owning a stock car would feel like lol
Not sure, but you can always revert the ECU back to stock. But theres nothing wrong with having a stock car. Keep it stock for the first few years and get some miles on there to be sure you have no issues with warranty, and then let the fun begin.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not sure, but you can always revert the ECU back to stock. But theres nothing wrong with having a stock car. Keep it stock for the first few years and get some miles on there to be sure you have no issues with warranty, and then let the fun begin.
Yes, exactly, so happy to soon be owning a virgin! Might as well soak up my money's worth with that warranty while it lasts, I don't feel like getting f'cked in the ass and then having to pay for it in any way lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
I asked for a timeline but have gotten a response back yet.

Come on we both know Hondata isn't going to divulge any timetable.

I started modding my 8th two weeks after purchase by ditching the ugly & heavy OEM wheels with a set of forged 17x8 flat black wheels that weigh 15lbs each. It's been a fun process & being patient has paid off several times.
Yes, exactly, so happy to soon be owning a virgin! Might as well soak up my money's worth with that warranty while it lasts, I don't feel like getting f'cked in the ass and then having to pay for it in any way lol
That all depends on how the stealership you go to for warranty claims treats you. I have been lucky enough to have one that's a cool as can be.

·
Registered
794 Posts
That all depends on how the stealership you go to for warranty claims treats you. I have been lucky enough to have one that's a cool as can be.
Yeah, every dealer is different, I can only hope, I would hate to go through such a hassle, but I can pretty well imagine the BS excuses I would be hearing from them. Lol.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
That is only if no one has test driven your civic before you drive it. Otherwise it will get pass around...lol...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hah, good point... nothing much about that unless I "special" order as they say lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hondata FTMFW!!! Especially if there's that nasty arse rev hang still. That alone even on a stock Si is worth it. I feel like an idiot to other drivers on the road as they listen to my rev hang on my FA5.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Especially if you have an aftermarket catback, ...man that rev hang makes you seem like a noob ricer.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just read somewhere that peak torque on the 9th si comes in before vtec.

I think thats a good indication that theres a lot to gain with a tune. Could be wrong, but we shall see.

This waiting around is horrible!

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Do we even know when the vtec crosses over yet? I have not heard. What is the crossover point?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts