9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Will you buy tuning software by Hondata for your 9thgen civic?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No, I will leave my ECU stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 5 16.1%
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do we even know when the vtec crosses over yet? I have not heard. What is the crossover point?

ugh i just accidently editted your post with my reply lol but i fixed it. I hit edit instead of quote lol. anyway, this is what i wanted to say:

I thought it one of the videos it was somewhere over 5K rpm. I think someone even made a comment that you are only in vtec for like 1500 rpm...

·
Registered
568 Posts
ugh i just accidently editted your post with my reply lol but i fixed it. I hit edit instead of quote lol. anyway, this is what i wanted to say:

I thought it one of the videos it was somewhere over 5K rpm. I think someone even made a comment that you are only in vtec for like 1500 rpm...
That is just downright boring & if it is true then got to love that 7k redline. LOL

Don't quote me but I could be wrong that I heard/read 4500 VTAK crossover for the K24Z7.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That is just downright boring & if it is true then got to love that 7k redline. LOL

Don't quote me but I could be wrong that I heard/read 4500 VTAK crossover for the K24Z7.

My bad, accidentally clicked 'edit' on your post rather than 'quote'

I was trying to say, I think I heard that somewhere too, I just don't remember where

·
Registered
794 Posts

2012 Honda Civic Specs - Motor Trend

According to this article VTEC engages at 5200 RPM when the first indicator light comes on. So that means it's in VTEC for 1900 RPM before it passes the Redline at 7100 RPM, not bad I think, when does the z3 engage? Around 5800 or 6000 RPM?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

According to this article VTEC engages at 5200 RPM when the first indicator light comes on. So that means it's in VTEC for 1900 RPM before it passes the Redline at 7100 RPM, not bad I think, when does the z3 engage? Around 5800 or 6000 RPM?
that's what I thought. the k20z3 engages stock at 5800 if I recall correctly.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
so 1900rpm window isn't bad at all, it's just about the same as the z3.

and plus a tune we can lower it, just have to see how the motor responds and really get the best transition point on a dyno.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
so 1900rpm window isn't bad at all, it's just about the same as the z3.

and plus a tune we can lower it, just have to see how the motor responds and really get the best transition point on a dyno.
How are you gonna tune it? It could be, and probably will be years before hondata comes out.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How are you gonna tune it? It could be, and probably will be years before hondata comes out.
Yes I thought of that. but hondata 6 years ago is a lot different then Hondata today. they have made some improvements when it comes to releasing products in a timely manner, and I think since they saw the success of the flashpro, I'm sure they will either make the flashpro compatible with an update or come out with a new device altogether.

Hondata runs a strong business now a days and I do not think they will wait years. They may wait 6 months to a year for the supply of cars to be out in the masses more, but I don't think they will take as long this time around to release something.

·
Registered
568 Posts

"The Si's revised EPS is also noticeably better than its predecessor's setup, providing superior off-center weighting and a more organic feel."

Really now, how does the steering ratio similar to a minivan(Odyssey) provide that? So a slower steering rack gives it an organic feel, STFU!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Hopefully the new Hondata for this 9th gen is not going to be very expensive...

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yep...every Hondata for the older generations to the newer generations. The prices keeps going up but flashpro is still in buying range.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
yep...every Hondata for the older generations to the newer generations. The prices keeps going up.
what? K-pro is like $1400...and Flashpro is $700. How is it getting more expensive?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
what? K-pro is like $1400...and Flashpro is $700. How is it getting more expensive?
Oops, I mean K-pro getting more expensive. Didn't know Flashpro is cheaper by 50%.

But I just hope whatever is coming out for the 9th gen civics will be less than $1000.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm wondering if Hondata will bother with a Reflash or go straight to a FP level product. I would imagine pricing similar to the 8th gen FP unit.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
KPro includes an actual ECU, while the Flashpro is just a little piggy back box that connects via obd2 port. The Kpro is more expensive because of the actual ECU cost.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
KPro includes an actual ECU, while the Flashpro is just a little piggy back box that connects via obd2 port. The Kpro is more expensive because of the actual ECU cost.
LoL...I was going to say that but got lazy...

Yes, I agree, ECU vs piggy back box.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts