9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Will you buy tuning software by Hondata for your 9thgen civic?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No, I will leave my ECU stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet.

Votes: 5 16.1%
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's not a piggy back bro.
Well, whatever it is, it looks like a small rectangle box with a cable...:hiding:

Just wondering, with flashpro on the 8th gen, does the cables still hang out when installed? Sorry, I've never seen the flash pro installed in person. I'm still on the 7th gen ep3's k-pro.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Well, whatever it is, it looks like a small rectangle box with a cable...:hiding:

Just wondering, with flashpro on the 8th gen, does the cables still hang out when installed? Sorry, I've never seen the flash pro installed in person. I'm still on the 7th gen ep3's k-pro.
You don't "install" it. You plug it in to tune the car, and when your done tuning, you unplug it and put it away. I have mine in my tool chest in my garage.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I agree I mis spoke when I said piggy back, it was just easier to explain it when comparing it to the K-Pro. A piggy back stays plugged in. So the flashpro just plugs in while you are runing and like mentioned above, it gets unplugged and stored away wherver you want (home, trunk, glovebox, etc..).

·
Registered
794 Posts
that's what I thought. the k20z3 engages stock at 5800 if I recall correctly.
so the z3 has vtec engaged for 2200 RPM when it reaches it's Redline. Only 300 more than the z7.

When do you think the fuel cutoff is stock? The z3 is 8200 correct maybe the z7 will be at 7300. I remember reading as well someone did calculations on piston speed and the z3 is safe to 8600 RPM while I think the z7 was safe to 7500.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
so the z3 has vtec engaged for 2200 RPM when it reaches it's Redline. Only 300 more than the z7.

When do you think the fuel cutoff is stock? The z3 is 8200 correct maybe the z7 will be at 7300. I remember reading as well someone did calculations on piston speed and the z3 is safe to 8600 RPM while I think the z7 was safe to 7500.
7100 and the TSX people are kpro-ing to 7600 stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I thought of that. but hondata 6 years ago is a lot different then Hondata today. they have made some improvements when it comes to releasing products in a timely manner, and I think since they saw the success of the flashpro, I'm sure they will either make the flashpro compatible with an update or come out with a new device altogether.

Hondata runs a strong business now a days and I do not think they will wait years. They may wait 6 months to a year for the supply of cars to be out in the masses more, but I don't think they will take as long this time around to release something.

Hondata has always been the same, they release a product when it is complete. Flashpro took so long because it was a complete new system. I am sure they will test flashpro on the 9th gen and see how well they can get it to work on there. Hopefully they can or else it will be many years to come before something is out.

i can guarantee you though it will be well over a year at the minimum before they have something released.

maybe cobb will try again to get into the Honda market before Hondata gets something out and shuts em down :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Cobb, good for corn not Hondas

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does any one know if the installation of k pro or any ecu mods would interfere with any of the displays on the car. I'd personally love to install it once hondata provides us something to work with I just dont want it interfering with any displays or ruin a warrantee, even though I was told that I can install anything I'd like onto the car as long as it's done at honda and it won't ruin the warrantee if anything goes wrong

·
Registered
568 Posts
Even if what you heard was half true, do you honestly think the stealership is going to install anything on the ECU that will let anyone to tune the motor to suit their needs? Puff puff pass please, follow the rotation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Even if what you heard was half true, do you honestly think the stealership is going to install anything on the ECU that will let anyone to tune the motor to sit their needs? Puff puff pass please, follow the rotation.
Lmao :banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cobb, good for corn not Hondas
Hey you cant completely dis Cobb, it is because of them that hondata dropped their price. Their initial price they were going to sell them for was like 150-200 than what they do. Once cobb put out their pricing hondatas price immediately dropped down and cobb didn't have a chance after that

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey you cant completely dis Cobb, it is because of them that hondata dropped their price. Their initial price they were going to sell them for was like 150-200 than what they do. Once cobb put out their pricing hondatas price immediately dropped down and cobb didn't have a chance after that
Regardless of price corn-COBB never had a chance. For me & A LOT of other 8th owners there was nothing they could do to change our tuning choice. Even if they were still being sold for cheaper I would've paid the extra for Hondata. I already had the REFLASH so I was going to get that $150 rebate as soon I purchased & registered my FP.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Yeah...Hondata is worth every penny. However many that may be.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Before Hondata FP was released :

After Hondata FP was released :

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Someone got hungry...

·
Registered
717 Posts
interested to see what they come out with

·
Registered
794 Posts
So anyone wanna guess why kind of gains we can expect from hondata? I don't have an 8th so idk what hondata does for it, anyone care like sharing?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts