9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what are your opinions on hood spacers? Just wondering what everyone else thinks about em. And if anyone has a 9th gen with hood spacers post a pic, I would like to see what it looks like on our cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,740 Posts
Hey guys, what are your opinions on hood spacers? Just wondering what everyone else thinks about em. And if anyone has a 9th gen with hood spacers post a pic, I would like to see what it looks like on our cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Funny thing, I haven't seen a car with 'hood spacers' in a LONG time....but this morning I noticed a coworker of mine (with a Del Sol) has them, all bullshit aside, it kinda looks cool, but I would NOT put them on my car.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
I had to look this one up because I had no idea what they would look like, reason being, I was thinking that the only thing they could do is make the car look like the hood is not closed all the way. So I looked it up and they make the car look like the hood is not closed all the way. Why would one do this?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,740 Posts
I had to look this one up because I had no idea what they would look like, reason being, I was thinking that the only thing they could do is make the car look like the hood is not closed all the way. So I looked it up and they make the car look like the hood is not closed all the way. Why would one do this?
Yeah I don't care for it either, but it's "supposed" to help with releasing engine heat when you're driving...that's what I heard, but who truly knows.

·
Registered
275 Posts
to each their own but man... that looks weird, theres no way there are any performance benefits either

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I've never seen anything like this? Not sure I'd want that,JMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
for aerodynamic reason... Honda's adapt this mod from hot rods, reducing engine bay temperature = more horsepower.

"Lower under hood temperatures lead to lower intake temperatures. A 10°F reduction in intake air temperature provides a 1% increase in horsepower. A 30°F reduction equates to a 3% horsepower increase"

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
for aerodynamic reason... Honda's adapt this mod from hot rods, reducing engine bay temperature = more horsepower.

"Lower under hood temperatures lead to lower intake temperatures. A 10°F reduction in intake air temperature provides a 1% increase in horsepower. A 30°F reduction equates to a 3% horsepower increase"
Whoof. Then don't add any soap to the cooling system. hehehehe

1 - 20 of 56 Posts