9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a 9th gen si at my work one day, and seen that he had spaced the back side (by the windsheild) up. So, towards the windshield there's maybe a 3-5mm gap, and level at the front of the car.
I'm near positive this is for looks, but has this been done before for a actual performance benefit? I've not seen this before, but curious if it could help pull heat out of a turbo set up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You are correct on both aspects. The theory is that it will help heat escape out the back, but it is mainly aesthetic. I believe it was originally done on older hondas after swapping out the single cam to accommodate the larger engines. I might be wrong tho.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct on both aspects. The theory is that it will help heat escape out the back, but it is mainly aesthetic. I believe it was originally done on older hondas after swapping out the single cam to accommodate the larger engines. I might be wrong tho.
Good deal, thanks. As summer is coming, I may end up giving this a shot.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I personally like the look of it, but a lot of people think it makes the car look like it had some shitty body work done. It would be interesting to get like a lazer thermometer and see if heat is actually coming out.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
It makes the car look like it's had a mild front-ender.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed a 9th gen si at my work one day, and seen that he had spaced the back side (by the windsheild) up. So, towards the windshield there's maybe a 3-5mm gap, and level at the front of the car.
I'm near positive this is for looks, but has this been done before for a actual performance benefit? I've not seen this before, but curious if it could help pull heat out of a turbo set up.
I’m currently raised in the back, for many reasons
Pros: I have a custom side winder kit on my car and sits besides the ecu and brake topper so the air flows from the front to the back no issues!!! Prob a 15-20% cooler bay.
Cons: when it rains it also rains inside your engine bay being that the fire wall and all the important wires and lines are closed by you have to watch it constantly! Just my experience.
Instagram:561boost if you would like to look at pics of the hood raised!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I personally like the look of it, but a lot of people think it makes the car look like it had some shitty body work done. It would be interesting to get like a lazer thermometer and see if heat is actually coming out.
I got a lot of this comments did you crashed your car!???

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m currently raised in the back, for many reasons
Pros: I have a custom side winder kit on my car and sits besides the ecu and brake topper so the air flows from the front to the back no issues!!! Prob a 15-20% cooler bay.
Cons: when it rains it also rains inside your engine bay being that the fire wall and all the important wires and lines are closed by you have to watch it constantly! Just my experience.
Instagram:561boost if you would like to look at pics of the hood raised!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts