9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have an issue with my 2015 fb6 I got it about 3 months ago with 62,xxx miles now I’m at 66,xxx miles at around 64,xxx miles I did oil change spark plugs, new stock air filter, also fresh oil and oil filter. I only pump 93 on my cars. So when I first got it I would only get a max of 290 miles range. And that’s city/hwy combined. Then I did those changes and still the same. City is about 20-24mpg and hwy is 23-28 and I also used to have a 2014 fb6 and it would give me about 340 miles range combined city/hwy. I would drive both cars from stop to stop city light to light from 1st to 2nd between 2.3-3k rpm. Is it the car having issues because I am sure is not my driving if I would drive my old 2014 black fb6 the same way I drive my 2015. Also my car is stock and so was my old one. Thanks if you have any Suggestions or answer please text me to
469-952-4135 Jesus Perez. Thanks guys.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,385 Posts
Fill the tank, note the mileage, drive the car until at least half the tank is drained, fill it again, and note mileage again. The imid numbers are fine, but do the math. That's how you get actual mpg numbers.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
another fuel mileage post. you didn't mention what air pressure your tires are set at. that's the number one issue for poor mileage, but few people will take the 5 minutes to check them regularly. type of tire will also factor in mileage. air temps. it's winter time...mileage for most folks will be less than when it's above 65 degrees. if you want good mileage, drive it that way. i doubt something is wrong with the car at 66K miles. unless the previous owner did something to it that you are unaware of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another fuel mileage post. you didn't mention what air pressure your tires are set at. that's the number one issue for poor mileage, but few people will take the 5 minutes to check them regularly. type of tire will also factor in mileage. air temps. it's winter time...mileage for most folks will be less than when it's above 65 degrees. if you want good mileage, drive it that way. i doubt something is wrong with the car at 66K miles. unless the previous owner did something to it that you are unaware of.
My tires are set at 33psi I check them every Sunday I’m running Michelin in the front and pirelli in the back 225-40-18 all 4 I got an alignment all around the day I got the car the dealer did it for me. And my steering wheel tended to lean to the left and pull to the right. Can that be the issue? I got under the car rod le everything looks good. Got another alignment and the wheels go better then about 2-3 days wheel leaned to the left again and started pulling to the right again. Also tired in the the sidewall that’s in the outside right now says interior. Maybe because the tired are installed the opposite. Also I scanned all codes yesterday and I got “Steering Angle Sensor Failure” what could that be?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
it's not going to help if not aligned. sounds as if the tires are directional. which, if installed correctly reduces rolling resistance. if yours are installed incorrectly, that resistance is magnified and could result in poorer mileage. even though the alignment was done when you got the car...doesn't mean it's in alignment now. try increasing your tire pressures 4-5 lbs each. switch brands of gasoline to a top tier brand for awhile and do what Scotty says. reset trip when you fill up tank. write down mileage on next fillup, divide by number of gallons to get a true reading of mpgs.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,385 Posts
Sounds like an alignment issue if it's exhibiting the same symptoms a few days after an alignment.

Have a good mechanic check all suspension and steering compoments - something is moving when it's not supposed to, and that can definitely affect mpgs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes alignment. Also try injector cleaner. Try reset your milage A it will give you true milage. If you didnt reset it, it will take a long time to move those average mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts