9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Hot Box Mods!! What are yours?!

Tags
box hot mods
4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Paul99to17 
#1 · (Edited)
We've all had them. Modifications that get us in trouble with the law, no matter how minor the asthetic upgrade we just can't resist.

List your "hot box" mods!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 · (Edited)
Ill start...

In my accord i had blue led turning signals... big nono in MA but they looked so awsome! Whenever i had a cop behind me i would turn without putting the signal until i started getting pulled over for that as well :D

#4 ·
I have a tail light red-out overlay that seems so minor but would be copbait in my state. More noticeable would be the GoPro hanging from the rear view mirror that "obstructs vision" according the law but I have not been pulled over for either one yet.

#5 ·
I have HIDs in my headlights and fog lights and 25% tint (legal limit is 35%). The cops around here really could care less though since crime is fairly high in the city. They have bigger fish to fry.

#6 ·
I have to have 35 all around...the hassle its just not worth it. When you have an ass pull you over if he has something on ya your fkd...

I had a decal above my third brake light...cop said it was covering it(it wasnt)...then he started giving me shit about my tints...i go i got 35 all around and give him the professional shops warranty and product card that states my tints were 38 percent... he gets his machine and tests it...they come out at like 33.8 percent...so he gives me a ticket for obstructing my third brakelight and then puts the warning for the tints on there as excessive tint... so basicly i couldnt fight it because if i did then they could cite me for tints.... ughhh

#10 ·
mounting firing turrents on my roof. looks nice, but scares the kiddies :dry:

Reactions: freddi and CivicMx
#11 ·
4% tint- legal limit is 20% rear 35% front
I have no cats on my exhaust
My exhaust is definitely loud enough to be cited for a noise violation
Oh and tomorrow I'm tinting my taillights for sure and will possibly be tinting my headlights and fogs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
4% tint- legal limit is 20% rear 35% front
I have no cats on my exhaust
My exhaust is definitely loud enough to be cited for a noise violation
Oh and tomorrow I'm tinting my taillights for sure and will possibly be tinting my headlights and fogs as well.

my friend got cited for his exhaust... 200 big ones.... and he got it in the mail...wasnt even pulled over for it.. ticket read..modified exhaust-disturbing the peace in BOSTON....disturbing what peace!?!?!

#13 ·
My whole windshield is tinted 55%
My tint is 10% all the way around
And when I get my DP it will be catless FTW

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#26 ·
I'm glad I don't live somewhere where you have inspections or have to have a front license plate. And cops here don't really seem to really care too much because they have left me alone mostly that or they just point their spotlight at me. I had that happen a few times, I'm guessing they thought I got up to the speed limit a little too quickly

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.