9th Gen Civic Forum banner

How did you purchase your Civic?

How did you purchase your Civic?

14K views 73 replies 50 participants last post by  lovefg4 
#1 ·
#13 ·
How many months did yall finance for though for the ones of you that got 0.9 and 1.9%? When I went Honda financial was only offering 1.9% for 48 months and 0.9% for 36 months but that was too high a payment for me so I went with 4% for 60 months. But I got 0.9% on my 2012 altima for 72 months.

Reactions: Digger
#16 ·
#17 ·
Dude. 22 people think you're a shrimp. That's more people than people who have responded.

'cause we all know that there is no manipulation in any polling.

:icon_wave:

#23 ·
Ya I didn't have money to put down on my Si because I had just bought my 12 altima one month prior. So I got 4% for 60 months at $508.08 a month.

#24 ·
Honda Finance. 0%, 60 months.

Boomshackalacka. :)

#28 ·
Honda Finance for the win , they have always been good to me.

This is the second car I have purchased through them and soon I will be using them again for a new 1000 RR.

#35 ·
Ya I guess your right. But I sell cars and at least its not like some people that I see getting 17.99 or 24.9% so ill take my 4%, like I said I got 0.9% on my altima and I'm only 22 so my credit history isn't that long.

#36 · (Edited)
2013 EX..paid in CASH, Finance or Lease?

Hi,

I would just like to take a poll of what payment method everyone is doing for their new 2013 Civics? Are you mostly paying it off in FULL, financing (and if so, how many months?) or leasing??

I, myself. plan to purchase a 2013 EX Sedan in late June and follow the 20-4-10 method. That is, put at least 20% down, finance for NO LONGER than 48 months, and be sure monthly payment is ONLY 10% of your
monthly take home pay. I think that is the financially responsible method to purchase a car.

What are all you guys doing?

Thanks!

#37 ·
Could buy it outright in cash, financing 5k of it for credit improving purposes. Figured it can't hurt for a couple percent extra to have a better mortgage rate in the future on a home. (This was also recommended by a financial adviser to me.)

#39 ·
.09% Financing 12' Si, North Shore Honda, Glen Head, Long Island, New York.
Car is/was a gift. Said person could've bought cash but also wanted to boost credit.

#40 ·
Wrote a check for the final amount. Could have used our line of credit, but didn't feel like paying for the credit life insurance the bank requires. Qualified for Honda's 0.9% loan, but can't write that interest off on taxes. A loan is a good idea for building a credit rating. Just remember to buy the car on an agreed to price and then talk about financing with the dealer. Check out carbuyingtips.com and read the new car section b4 you head out to the dealerhips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.