9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could I do to a 2012-2015 Honda Civic si to make it faster and what would add more hp?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What could I do to a 2012-2015 Honda Civic si to make it faster and what would add more hp?
What emissions laws are you trying to follow and how much work are you willing to do when emissions/inspections come up?

From the 9th gens I've tuned, the best performing cars had:

-Skunk2 or Acuity Cold Air Intake
-Skunk2, RV6, Full Race Catless DP
-Invidia or Full Race Catback
-K-Tuned 72mm TB with port matched inlet
-Hondata Flashpro or K-Tuner tuning module.

Proper e-tuning or dyno tuning is a must and perhaps the most important part of the whole thing. All the above mods will not add much power without being tuned properly. Not to mention run optimally.

If you making it faster means anything transmission mod wise, upgrade the shifter to something like the Acutiy shifter with all the bushing upgrades, and the K-Tuned clutch master and slave kit so you can shift into second without being locked out due to the OEM parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What emissions laws are you trying to follow and how much work are you willing to do when emissions/inspections come up?

From the 9th gens I've tuned, the best performing cars had:

-Skunk2 or Acuity Cold Air Intake
-Skunk2, RV6, Full Race Catless DP
-Invidia or Full Race Catback
-K-Tuned 72mm TB with port matched inlet
-Hondata Flashpro or K-Tuner tuning module.

Proper e-tuning or dyno tuning is a must and perhaps the most important part of the whole thing. All the above mods will not add much power without being tuned properly. Not to mention run optimally.

If you making it faster means anything transmission mod wise, upgrade the shifter to something like the Acutiy shifter with all the bushing upgrades, and the K-Tuned clutch master and slave kit so you can shift into second without being locked out due to the OEM parts.
I want to add a turbo kit but should I do an engine swap?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Adding a turbo way easier and cheaper to get power even if you manage to do some kind of an engine swap how much power are you going to make compared to turbo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adding a turbo way easier and cheaper to get power even if you manage to do some kind of an engine swap how much power are you going to make compared to turbo?
Would an engine swap help the turbo?

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Just leave it stock ,enjoy it for what it is.
Frankly for the cost of any upgrades worth while you can buy a german 4 door supra for cheap nowadays ,and be way faster bonestock. Reliability goes out the window with boost in these and to add power and speed,you'd need supporting mods as well for the rest of the car. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just leave it stock ,enjoy it for what it is.
Frankly for the cost of any upgrades worth while you can buy a german 4 door supra for cheap nowadays ,and be way faster bonestock. Reliability goes out the window with boost in these and to add power and speed,you'd need supporting mods as well for the rest of the car. Just saying.
Look who's back from the dead.

To the op, it sounds like you're new to this whole mod a car thing. Do your research and find out what best for you performance wise and budget wise. My Si is bolt ons and tuned and im happy with it. Just enough to wake it up some, but still reliable.

·
Registered
413 Posts
just depends on what you're looking for. What kind of swap would you be doing? Why not a rebuild? Turbo and superchargers feel totally different because of their powerband. You just got to figure out which direction you want to go. BTW, whatever you choose, it will NOT be cheap.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There really is no viable engine swap. The K24 is probably the best 4 cylinder platform for power that there is.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
race slower cars???? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts