9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just bought a 2012 Civic coupe EX, and I am now messing around with the emblems to get them painted. I know the civic emblem is really easy to take off, but I was wondering about the H on the trunk. Is there two prongs on the back like on previous civics that can just be popped out and popped back in?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was going to take mine completly off but didnt because I didn't know if it had the prongs. You be the test dummy. Let me know. I would start with tooth flossand work it around then try and pry

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
if you take it of your going to have two nice little holes... unless your gonna go to the body shop have then bondo over it and then repaint and blend the paint onto the trunk...

sounds like alot of work to get rid of something that really does not look bad...unless you just wanna like paint it another color..if so get it professionally painted so that it looks glossy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to take mine completly off but didnt because I didn't know if it had the prongs. You be the test dummy. Let me know. I would start with tooth flossand work it around then try and pry

I did test this actually. LOL, it just has two prongs that you just need to pop out and pop back in. Be careful though, the prongs can break very easily and I have a coupe, so the little nook that it's in, it's very easy to chip your paint around it. I work at a Honda dealership and the painter guy broke my prongs, but they ordered a new one for free for me no worries :) But I got it off, painted black, and put back on!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I did test this actually. LOL, it just has two prongs that you just need to pop out and pop back in. Be careful though, the prongs can break very easily and I have a coupe, so the little nook that it's in, it's very easy to chip your paint around it. I work at a Honda dealership and the painter guy broke my prongs, but they ordered a new one for free for me no worries :) But I got it off, painted black, and put back on!
its always good having a hook up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, that'll probably be your best bet before you chip anymore paint. But now I have the civic emblem in black on the back, and now my next project is probably going to get the H in the front popped off and painted. The bf is also giving me ideas about getting my H on the steering wheel painted black to match. LOL. Any of you have ideas about how those are attached or do I have to just investigate it. LOL.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yea, that'll probably be your best bet before you chip anymore paint. But now I have the civic emblem in black on the back, and now my next project is probably going to get the H in the front popped off and painted. The bf is also giving me ideas about getting my H on the steering wheel painted black to match. LOL. Any of you have ideas about how those are attached or do I have to just investigate it. LOL.
o cool, what color car do you have?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any more thoughts on how to remove the trunk H logo? Some people say it can chip the paint, others say it's super easy to do with just fingernails, and I just dunno :p

Just debadged the Civic and Dealer logos, want to Plasti-Dip the H logo if possible. Thanks!

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
52 Posts
bumpppp, any advice? :p Trying to take off the rear H and paint it either gunmetal or Plasti-Dip it.

How can I get it off without breaking it or chipping any paint?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
bumpppp, any advice? :p Trying to take off the rear H and paint it either gunmetal or Plasti-Dip it.

How can I get it off without breaking it or chipping any paint?
You do not have to remove the H on the rear if you are going to plasti dip it. I just used painters tape around the outer edge, then taped newspaper to shield the area from overspray around the emblem. Do not worry about the small painted areas of the interior of the emblem at all. Spray 2-3 medium coats of plasti dip on the exposed area and let dry at least an hour. Use a wood toothpick to trace around the interior painted surfaces, then use the toothpick to poke thru the goop in the center of each painted block so you can peel that portion off. Worked great for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have tried using dental floss and it kept breaking the floss. its on there really good! i tried using more than 1 piece of floss and it would just keeping breaking. so i gave up...:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts