9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si Coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone have any leads or charts or...well ANYTHING that shows how many the Si's were made for the 9th gens?
I have a 14' white coupe..and honestly. I havent seen many of those..

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I never seen a Walrus..

At any rate. I need those numbers please!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE
The search continues. I'm trying too all production numbers on the 9th gens. Called two dealers. One said Honda does not release the information to public. But his run-about is around 7% of civic sales are Si's. He said if its a coupe model. Its already rare. Other said he will see what he can do. Once I get more information on our production numbers I'll post it

·
Photoshop Masta
2,866 Posts
I never seen a 2012 sedan si in person until I bought mine 🤦‍♂️
I have a 12' Si as well and I've only seen like 3 since I bought it (brand new).

Still my favorite body style of ALL the 9 gens.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't think Honda publishes sales figures for each trim of Civic. Your dealer is probably just estimating what percentage of Civics they get are Si's. 7% Sounds like a good estimate though. I just know I still see way more 9th gens than 10th gens on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So. Now I got internal investigation going on haha.
Talked too service manager at a big dealer. He said that's a good question he has a 9th gen si as well and said he's going to do some digging around.
Honda discontinued all Si coupes and I guess their sale numbers on the 10th gen isn't great. Ill never buy a 10th gen. I love the K series

·
Registered
39 Posts
So does anyone have any leads or charts or...well ANYTHING that shows how many the Si's were made for the 9th gens?
I have a 14' white coupe..and honestly. I havent seen many of those..

Thanks!
:)))) <- see the link...I wonder if there are less Si’s per year than Type R’s made for tenth generation in each respective year? I’m curious how many Si coupes and sedans were made per year for tenth generation too- Bc they seem as rare as Type Rs in Northern California as well.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just did a quick search...... these 9th gen si are still going for a shit ton..... esp for the mileage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m in SoCal and when I bought mine I rareIy saw any around. You would think there should be more out here since there’s a billion cars rolling around but that’s how I came to realization that our Si’s are rare (not to mention it took me months to find a white sedan for some odd reason).

But recently the last couple years I’ve been seeing more pop up here and there. I still trip out every time when I see one on the road haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best theft deterrent ever :)
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah still no luck. I havent been able too look around as well been working alot. I might actually call Honda Corp. And hear what they have to say.
None the less these are rare. With that being said.
Last year a 2000 Si with 5600 orig mi sold for 50k
I also heard a rumor that Honda actually loses money on the K series Si motors because of the internals and how they are built. The JDM K20A was actually hand torqued by a certified...Torquey McTorqueyton

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
39 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah still no luck. I havent been able too look around as well been working alot. I might actually call Honda Corp. And hear what they have to say.
None the less these are rare. With that being said.
Last year a 2000 Si with 5600 orig mi sold for 50k
I also heard a rumor that Honda actually loses money on the K series Si motors because of the internals and how they are built. The JDM K20A was actually hand torqued by a certified...Torquey McTorqueyton
Did you see the link in my original reply in this post? Your question is answered in it, on page 1...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you see the link in my original reply in this post? Your question is answered in it, on page 1...
Oh man! Big oversight. Haha.

Wow. Only 25xx of the 14' Si coupes.
Well I appreciate it haha.
Puts into prospective of how many of these are out there.
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts