9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sopranos daughter

I was gonna say, your credit cards have spending limits? I have one that us unlimited...just need to pay it off at the end of the month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
But, you never put anything on it, Foo! I hear from your girlfirend in NJ that when you open your wallet, a cloud of dust and moths come out of it. It is a good thing her father is a Mafia capo; otherwise she would have to get married at Mickey D's and have the reception at Wendy's. :wigglesmiley:

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
From my earlier post Steve...

I spend too much on stuff. I kinda sank my lot in building the HFP on my car which set me back about $4000 after everything is accounted for.
Add about $500 in other things, Yospeed sills, cargo net, cargo hooks, Nokya lights, Weathertech liners, assorted cleaning supplies...
Since then added the RV6 catted downpipe. Then I'm thinking I'm going to copy immajackuup with the RBC connected to the aFe intake and FlashPro. I'm figuring out what the heck I wanna do on the car.

There is also a history of me overdoing it on credit cards, getting myself into about $15,000 into CC debt, add student loan, and truck payment, I was in some trouble at 23 with just short of $30k in debt. Paid that off, learned my lesson, and although the purse strings are tighter, I don't get myself in financial trouble, which is easy to do, no matter what income.

Reactions: steve47co1

·
Got Jiggy with Blue and liked it!!!
430 Posts
BTW - I was just joking.
Golly Steve, you had me going and I was about to PM you with advice. However, since you raised the topic of credit cards, allow me to offer advice, perhaps unwanted, to the young folks on the 9thGen forum. Put those credit cards in a Tupperware bowl, fill it with water and put it in the freezer. The cards will be available for emergencies but maybe impulsive purchases can be thwarted.

I have been a financial planner for many years and I have seen many people, especially young people, in debt up to their butts. They will have a houseful of beautiful furniture and multiple new cars. However, all these purchases were on credit. I tell people that if they can afford to make the credit card payment, they can afford to save first... then spend. Also, take a few minutes to learn about the miracle of compound interest. For example, if one invested only $100 per month for 20 years, in a moderate risk mutual fund, they could accumulate $52,000 assuming a 7 percent return.

Reactions: steve47co1

·
Registered
725 Posts
Golly Steve, you had me going and I was about to PM you with advice. However, since you raised the topic of credit cards, allow me to offer advice, perhaps unwanted, to the young folks on the 9thGen forum. Put those credit cards in a Tupperware bowl, fill it with water and put it in the freezer. The cards will be available for emergencies but maybe impulsive purchases can be thwarted.

I have been a financial planner for many years and I have seen many people, especially young people, in debt up to their butts. They will have a houseful of beautiful furniture and multiple new cars. However, all these purchases were on credit. I tell people that if they can afford to make the credit card payment, they can afford to save first... then spend. Also, take a few minutes to learn about the miracle of compound interest. For example, if one invested only $100 per month for 20 years, in a moderate risk mutual fund, they could accumulate $52,000 assuming a 7 percent return.
How do you think I know that scenario so well? At age 60, I have seen and experienced my share of self-inflicted life pain.

·
Registered
725 Posts
From my earlier post Steve...

Since then added the RV6 catted downpipe. Then I'm thinking I'm going to copy immajackuup with the RBC connected to the aFe intake and FlashPro. I'm figuring out what the heck I wanna do on the car.

There is also a history of me overdoing it on credit cards, getting myself into about $15,000 into CC debt, add student loan, and truck payment, I was in some trouble at 23 with just short of $30k in debt. Paid that off, learned my lesson, and although the purse strings are tighter, I don't get myself in financial trouble, which is easy to do, no matter what income.
"If 'er I did offend, let me hasten to make amends."

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
It's pretty tough to offend me. No biggie. WhiteWillie is a smart guy. Biggest way to not spend too much is to not carry those credit cards. Ain't that the truth.

·
Registered
605 Posts
$80 on the trunk liner.

Dealer gave me the all-weather mats for free.

Other than that, no accessories. It's my DD, I have a garage queen if I feel the need to accessorize a car....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Aem Cai, tsudo exhaust, 17" enkei rims, new tire, hr spring, some sticker .
$2xxx , almost $3000.
That is I'm done. I won't do anything else. I'm just go for the look and sound

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

101 - 111 of 111 Posts