9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to what everyone thinks on how much horsepower you think you can get from this car with bolt ons and all motor? Or how much you expect your car to be at when your done with modifications?

I think it's going to be about 230-250whp with just bolt ons and tune. With hopes of 300+ after some internals. I personally want 250-275whp out of my car, and then considering going turbo at some point down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Well at the numbers companies are posting (if my memory serves me right) about 20 hp for an intake, 15-20 for exhaust, about 15 for reflash, and maybe 10(?) for downpipe? So in all (depending on what bolt ons you got and what brand, etc.) youre looking at a potential 60-65 hp extra so like maybe a total of 260 hp at the crank...these are very very rough numbers tho, just something thrown together:p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm just curious to what everyone thinks on how much horsepower you think you can get from this car with bolt ons and all motor? Or how much you expect your car to be at when your done with modifications?

I think it's going to be about 230-250whp with just bolt ons and tune. With hopes of 300+ after some internals. I personally want 250-275whp out of my car, and then considering going turbo at some point down the road.

I think it'll be around there too with full bolt ons. With turbo we'll hit 300+ whp

·
Registered
511 Posts
I already get a chirp in 3rd sometimes :p.
But yea i think around 250 and that's where i want to be at. Maybe a turbo down the line as well, but in a couple years.

With 250 our car would be fast...

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
250 would be fast but if I am going turbo I want 400

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
But yea i think around 250 and that's where i want to be at. Maybe a turbo down the line as well, but in a couple years.

I agree! I may go turbo some time down the road or maybe a super charger but full bolt ons should make good power.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I'm looking at 250+ myself at the wheels all motor. I love turbo, and that might be in the future a well but with fwd you gotta really make a ton of power to make up for the spinning and the turbo lag, unless you go from a roll all the time of course. But I want that acceleration from 0-130 or so to really get good launch and pull hard in every gear. I really like the smoother power band of all motor after a good tune. With the added torque from the 2.4 which I want to stroke to 2.5 at least will be a wicked sleeper at 300+ hp
If you boost there is extra work to make a turbo safe motor, since we already have a high C/R stock. So that's like 10+ g's to get like 275+ all motor and not to mention the power train upgrades clutch or even a 1-4 gearset lower ratio final drive. Then when you go boost, that is a whole different road with a different path to follow.
A boosted car will always catch an allmotor car in the end if you don break it down before 130-140 IMO
They are better equipped to fight the increase in drag / wind resistance. :) so much fun to think of the possibilities!!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm looking at 250+ myself at the wheels all motor. I love turbo, and that might be in the future a well but with fwd you gotta really make a ton of power to make up for the spinning and the turbo lag, unless you go from a roll all the time of course. But I want that acceleration from 0-130 or so to really get good launch and pull hard in every gear. I really like the smoother power band of all motor after a good tune. With the added torque from the 2.4 which I want to stroke to 2.5 at least will be a wicked sleeper at 300+ hp
If you boost there is extra work to make a turbo safe motor, since we already have a high C/R stock. So that's like 10+ g's to get like 275+ all motor and not to mention the power train upgrades clutch or even a 1-4 gearset lower ratio final drive. Then when you go boost, that is a whole different road with a different path to follow.
A boosted car will always catch an allmotor car in the end if you don break it down before 130-140 IMO
They are better equipped to fight the increase in drag / wind resistance. :) so much fun to think of the possibilities!!!!!

I'm not doubting, just curious, how are you at 250+ without a turbo? What mods do you have?

K24Z7 Crew Member #323

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he was saying that he wants to be at 250 not that he is right now. But I'm waiting to see how much I dyno on Thursday to determine if I think I can make 250whp at full bolt ons and a tune. Maybe I'll pull a nice number like 220 or something

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I think he was saying that he wants to be at 250 not that he is right now. But I'm waiting to see how much I dyno on Thursday to determine if I think I can make 250whp at full bolt ons and a tune. Maybe I'll pull a nice number like 220 or something

Awesome. Can't wait to see your results!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
229 Posts

When you say full bolt ons, what do you mean besides an exhaust and intake?

K24Z7 Crew Member #323

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

What mods do you have to get a chirp in 3rd?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you say full bolt ons, what do you mean besides an exhaust and intake?

K24Z7 Crew Member #323
Intake, throttle body, intake manifold, downpipe, exhaust, and tune

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I spun tires in 5th... Course it was on ice

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
116 Posts
250 with bolt ons seems to be pretty high, all the people i know been able to get 235-238 on k20 with just bolt ons and they are prettt fast I may say. With Turbo easily over 400hp depending on what setup you build

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
250 with bolt ons seems to be pretty high, all the people i know been able to get 235-238 on k20 with just bolt ons and they are prettt fast I may say. With Turbo easily over 400hp depending on what setup you build
Well based on your k20 knowledge you don't think a k24 could possibly make 12-15 more hp than a k20?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts