9th Gen Civic Forum banner

How much should I charge for a wash/detailing?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rudycarr 
#1 ·
Just asking to find out a good price to do some cleaning on a 2011 Ford explorer. For the interior I will dust all plastic (air vents, dash board, ect.) and use something to dress it. Vacuum mats and floor. Clean all windows and wipe down seats. For the exterior I will wash tires and rims, then dress the tires. Clean inside of wheel Wells getting grass dirt whatever else is in there. Use black to black on all black trim. Clean all windows. Then make it shine with a detailer spray. Your opinions on price would help. Thanks a lot guys :D

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
Yea I looked up prices around my area and it gets pretty pricey. But they do everything like shampooing interior and clay bar and wax. But I'm going to see if he would want me to do that. Thanks for the input. Its black so going to make it shine. Ill update with before and after pics when he does want me to clean it.

#6 ·
You lost me at "make it shine with detail spray." Everything you said I would pay about $100 for. It's shouldn't take longer then 2 hours.
For $250-300 (4 hour job) I'd expect a very nice hand wash and wax, + your full interior package. If claybar is wanted that would be another $100 on a mid-size suv.

These prices seem fair to me. When I worked as a detailer I was giving 4 hours for a full service detail (wash, wax, vac, wipe down all interior, spot shampoo, and windows) It didn't matter if it was a smartcar or a schoolbus.
kinda sucked.

#7 ·
Its called ultimate detail spray supposed to take out swirl marks. Yea he said in two weeks he'd pay for my service but not sure if he wants the clay bar and wax. And thanks for your input on price :) will definitely help me because I was just going to tell him 70 bucks lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.