9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I tried searching for this on the 9thgen site, but I can't find anything! I am the type of guy who is super paranoid about things breaking and I would feel a lot more comfortable with backups in my garage. So I wanted to build a tranmission and have it ready as soon as my transmission craps out when I go forced induction. Do you guys know any transmission builds for the 2014 Si or any 9th gen that have been reliable? What I have found on youtube is bad quality that led to tranmission grinding and failure as well =(

Also, does anyone know how much power our stock engine block can hold? Pretend an upgraded tranmsission can hold 700 hp/tq, what would fail next theoretically? the block or something else?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,206 Posts
For info on how much power the block can handle, see the thread similarly titled to what the block can handle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For info on how much power the block can handle, see the thread similarly titled to what the block can handle.
Right, I didn't search that part of my question haha, I just thought of it as I typed this out. I'm guessing you don't know anything about building the transmission?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,206 Posts
Right, I didn't search that part of my question haha, I just thought of it as I typed this out. I'm guessing you don't know anything about building the transmission?
Correct. If I did, I would have already told you. Just trying to point you in a helpful direction re one of your questions.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Didn't patricke30 built his tranny?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Patrick built his transmission with GearX gears 1-4 and Mfactory LSD

My car has 28k miles, 8k with turbo, 400whp 330wtq., My 4th gear is gone completely. Rebuilding with Gear X. Should be up by next weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts