9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread made by someone, I think it was Jesstzn that said how to do everything. Example: Wipe the car down after clay bar...50/50 alcohol and water.... Clean tires..spray on some simple green..... I can't find it now! :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about a thread that had that and another I remember was how to get your engine bay to look new. All these "how to's" were in the thread. ARG!!

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Ya ... but I'm not a fan of some of the proceedures he uses ... sorry .
We all have our ways don't hate I never said my ways are better than yours and at 3 dollars for a gallon of simple green its cheaper than the 99 cent store one, I used to use it but simple green is cheaper.your just mad about the whole paint correction buffing procedures let it go and provide the guy some help this is a forum.lighten up

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,615 Posts
I use my wheel brush and Scrubbing Bubbles for my wheels and tires, and then dress the tires with Turtle Wax Clean n Shine or something like that. Works great.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Meguiar's Hot shine works REALLY well. They'll give you an insanely clean and shiny look and keep it that way for a while before it starts to go back to being dirty. It also protects your tires.
Meguiar's G-13815 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating - 15 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive

View attachment 19810
However that stuff flings off really easily making the car fairly dirtier than normal.it looks good but will fling easy.

·
Registered
518 Posts
However that stuff flings off really easily making the car fairly dirtier than normal.it looks good but will fling easy.

Not with my experience but if that's what happened to you, i can't argue.

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Not with my experience but if that's what happened to you, i can't argue.

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog
It has acetone in it as well as it beign a solvent based tire coat its just for a quick shine it doesn't stay on long or very shiny and it tends to attract dirt and it stores a huge gunk build up I don't use otc products I use a waterbased tire dressing.which doesn't fling off as easily depending on application.the otc stuff is ok for personal use but ot does fling off don't wash your car for a couple weeks you'll see black "freckles" everywhere on the lower portion of the windows to the skirts

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
We all have our ways don't hate I never said my ways are better than yours and at 3 dollars for a gallon of simple green its cheaper than the 99 cent store one, I used to use it but simple green is cheaper.your just mad about the whole paint correction buffing procedures let it go and provide the guy some help this is a forum.lighten up

Not mad .. just said I don't agree with some of the proceedures as they apply to a noob. To an experirnced person sure ..

·
Banned
549 Posts
I use Wesley's whitewall cleaner, scouring pad to clean the tires. Tire dressing I buy Meguiars water based tire shine. You mix it yourself 4:1 with water and you can adjust the shine to your liking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Take a look at Optimum Opticoat tire gel.. Its thick but water based and if applied right it won't sling. I also dilute it 2:1 water/product and apply it with a syphon type paint sprayer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts