9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to change my transmission fluid yesterday and made a little bit of a mess on the ground. I tried scrubbing it with dish soap and rinse with water but doesn't feel like it did anything. What can I do?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
I buy this white goo in a squeeze bottle at Ace Hardware. It takes up oil stains. Squeeze it on the stain, let it dry to a powder overnight, and sweep up the next day. Lemme find the bottle so I can give you the name.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I worked in a gas station we used to spread something called Speedy Dry and work it into the stain with what looked like a push broom with no bristles. Pretty sure cat litter will work as well. That's what is looked like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
powdered laundry detergent and let sit overnight...sweep it up and apply more if needed...after final sweep then rinse away the rest with garden hose

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get a spray can of cheap Brake Parts Cleaner and spray it on the spots. Do Not Breathe in the fumes. Wipe it up with paper towels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a spray can of cheap Brake Parts Cleaner and spray it on the spots. Do Not Breathe in the fumes. Wipe it up with paper towels.
maybe my fault but i assumed that the driveway was asphalt...brake clean works great on concrete but would further damage asphalt (dont ask how i know...lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts