9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got problem on my cell any one can help? i can connect my phone to the car but they automatic jump to call myself. i try to hang up but they jump back to call myself never stop. i dont know why .any one can help me ?

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Make sure your phone is updated?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had some weird stuff happen with my Samsung Mesmerize when I first got my car. Went to my carrier, they had an update. It has worked fine since.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I had some weird stuff happen with my Samsung Mesmerize when I first got my car. Went to my carrier, they had an update. It has worked fine since.
S3 has OTA updates. Nothing to do with bluetooth though in the changelog, mainly just apple lawsuit compliance. It is still a pretty new phone. A reboot and/or hard reset can't hurt (other than losing all your stuff with the hard reset) and are necessary troubleshooting steps.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
OMG! Phones jumping and calling! Thats some scary shi! Might consider a BlackBerry OS7.1 Phone upgrade :)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
so odd...I don't have issues with my s3 and FB6. I would reset the phone and reconnect with your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have gotten my Galaxy3111 paired with my Civic 12, but the connection keeps going on and off. Car still shows connected, but phone will go off connection, then back in. Back and forth almost continuously. Any suggestions as to how to fix that problem? Is it the phone or the connection?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had this problem so I reset my phone did not work. I then reset my radio which is nav unit also did not work. I then went into radio setting and deleted my s3 and then 're connected it via blue tooth and it's working great no cutting in and out.

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just deleted the phone from the paired list on the radio then go through the step by step pairing guide.

sent from my galaxy s3

·
Registered
227 Posts
i got problem on my cell any one can help? i can connect my phone to the car but they automatic jump to call myself. i try to hang up but they jump back to call myself never stop. i dont know why .any one can help me ?
get an iPhone. Problem solved. Oh snap! Lol. Just kidding. It sounds like a software problem to me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had this problem so I reset my phone did not work. I then reset my radio which is nav unit also did not work. I then went into radio setting and deleted my s3 and then 're connected it via blue tooth and it's working great no cutting in and out.

sent from my galaxy s3

how do you delete my phone from the car...i am having the same exact problem

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
how do you delete my phone from the car...i am having the same exact problem
While your car is stopped, hit Phone on your HU. Follow the onscreen menu. It's real simple. Delete the phone.
As far as your phone. Shut it off, pull out the battery, leave it sit for a minute or two. Put it all back together.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Is anyone experiencing horrible battery life after the Jelly Bean update? I get about 4 hours out of my S3 now! Absolutely ridiculous! No one has an answer (Samsung or ATT) its all over the Internet too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Is anyone experiencing horrible battery life after the Jelly Bean update? I get about 4 hours out of my S3 now! Absolutely ridiculous! No one has an answer (Samsung or ATT) its all over the Internet too.
Lol, get your battery replaced. Average gs3 users, including me gets up to 6 hours minimum on medium usage. I never have a problem with this phones battery. Watch what you're running in the back ground. Instead of pressing the home button to quit apps, use the back button until it goes back to the menu. This completely quits the app. I don't use any power saving applications either and 4G is always on. I get average 8 hours.

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Lol, get your battery replaced. Average gs3 users, including me gets up to 6 hours minimum on medium usage. I never have a problem with this phones battery. Watch what you're running in the back ground. Instead of pressing the home button to quit apps, use the back button until it goes back to the menu. This completely quits the app. I don't use any power saving applications either and 4G is always on. I get average 8 hours.

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog
Thank you for your response,

Yep, just got a new one from ATT the other day. Did & does the same thing. My phone gets warm too. All this only started after the update.
I used to get about 8hrs. Now I get 4!
I fully charged the new battery and let it die three times to allow a full cycle charge. Still the same damn issue!
Yep, I am very familiar with quitting apps, closing them, etc. So far I have about 20-25 apps disabled. Meaning they are not allowed to run. I'm trying to diagnose and find the cause.

Thanks for your help, sayswai.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Thank you for your response,

Yep, just got a new one from ATT the other day. Did & does the same thing. My phone gets warm too. All this only started after the update.
I used to get about 8hrs. Now I get 4!
I fully charged the new battery and let it die three times to allow a full cycle charge. Still the same damn issue!
Yep, I am very familiar with quitting apps, closing them, etc. So far I have about 20-25 apps disabled. Meaning they are not allowed to run. I'm trying to diagnose and find the cause.

Thanks for your help, sayswai.
I suggest a battery saver app. I use juice defender. I use my phone pretty heavily (fb, email, Games, etc) and I get roughly 12 hrs. Yeah, make sure apps are closed and make sure when you hold the home hutton, go to task manager and clear ram. That helps too

Sent from my SIII

1 - 20 of 29 Posts