9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ever since I first got my Si (without knowing how to drive stick!) until now, you have all been a great help to me. I made a short video on the basics of driving a manual, such as starting in first, coming to a stop, and changing gears. Hopefully this can help some of you out just like you helped me with tips when I was first learning. As stated in the video, there is no replacement for real world practice, but this video will hopefully help you with basic questions you may of had or things you needed to see.

I will make more advanced videos in the coming days - I will make sure to post those as well! (Downshifting, rev-matching, etc)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Part 3, vtec rev matching! Have a question for you, does it say in your drivers "handbook", the one for new drivers, to utilize the handbrake when at a stop? Up here the "new driver handbook" says to keep standard transmission vehicle in gear with your foot on the clutch when stopped at lights or an intersection, im just curious if different jurisdictions have different policies. Sure could have used this video in 2012 when I had my '12 pmm Si! Good job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts