9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
SO, I have a 2012 without Nav/Bluetooth. I am also looking to upgrade to a carplay double DIN unit. The higher priced ones >$500 are usually idatalink compatible and recommend maestro. The cheaper ones just have a harness to incorporate steering wheel buttons (volume, source on the left...etc) MY QUESTION is, with the cheaper unit WHAT features in the iMid display will i loose (temp, odometer, mileage, MPG, clock, Vehicle settings)?

· Registered
1 Posts
SO, I have a 2012 without Nav/Bluetooth. I am also looking to upgrade to a carplay double DIN unit. The higher priced ones >$500 are usually idatalink compatible and recommend maestro. The cheaper ones just have a harness to incorporate steering wheel buttons (volume, source on the left...etc) MY QUESTION is, with the cheaper unit WHAT features in the iMid display will i loose (temp, odometer, mileage, MPG, clock, Vehicle settings)?
Were you ever able to figure this out with your 2012 my mom has the 2012 Civic EXL without navigation and we just put kicker speakers on her interior front and rear but she wants to do Apple carplay Android auto and add a subwoofer and amp but we have been trying to figure out if there's a way to do so and still keep the Bluetooth steering wheel controls and other steering wheel controls and then will you still retain that other screen up above that shows your mileage maintenance and stuff like that? Or do you lose all that did anybody ever figure that out or did you I'm knowledgeable and how to hook up stereos I've done it in my 04 Accord V6 6-speed and added navigation and touch screen done it in my 95 Civic Coupe but I've never done it with the 2012 Civic EX that has all the Bluetooth steering wheel controls my Accord has steering wheel controls for volume source and all that but no Bluetooth buttons that I had to retain or an extra screen I had to retain. DO YOU KNOW OR DOES ANYBODY KNOW IT ALL?? TRYING TO DO THIS NICE FOR MY MOM FOR HER BIRTHDAY COMING UP NEXT WEEK AND WANT TO MAKE SURE I GET THE RIGHT STUFF

21 - 25 of 25 Posts