Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. For the guide.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried doing bushing install and in stock bushing there is a yellow plastic piece holding it together. Has anyone removed that piece before and if so how. i dont want to break it without doing it right. hopefully someone can chime in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you know that from experience or are you taking a guess at that because the bushing doesnt seem like its that easy to remove

·
Registered
674 Posts
I believe you have remove the pin, pop the metal face off the bushing and then "carefully" remove the rubber bushings, if I remember correctly I had to pry, bottom line...don't bend those cables! I'll go look at my old bushings and see if I can remember exactly how I removed them. IMG_20150411_093013.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
do you know that from experience or are you taking a guess at that because the bushing doesnt seem like its that easy to remove
From experience.

However, I did make a mistake in my previous post now that I think about it. Pull the cotter pin out. The metal shim (the metal piece that looks like a washer) slides off. Theres a plastic insert underneath that (which is where the two yellow "teeth" come from in your picture). Pry that out - at this point you need to handle with care because you can easily bend the cable(s). Finally once the insert is out you can then remove the rubber bushing. Installation of the Hybrid Racing bushings is pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey, I remember, after you remove the pin, I used a flat head and pried it out you can see where I pried a little to hard! You don't have to remove that metal face! The whole bushing will pop out! IMG_20150411_094458.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds good thanks for the help, will be doing this tomorrow. any noticeable difference?

·
Registered
213 Posts
These bushings work in a 9th gen SI? Website says 2011 as the last year that they fit....?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts