9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the steps to remove the Center console tray

Anyone know the steps to remove the Center console tray?

Part 10 look at image

need to install a gps mount just dont want to use self tap screws into the plastic! who knows whats behind there

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Collegehillshonda has a guide for installing the interior illumination kit, which involves removing that piece, I'd check that out if I were you

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
:iagree: CHH has a good diagram for the interior lighting. The piece above that with the AUX and 12v. acaually pops off easily from the looks of it.

Ill try and upload a pic, but i stuck the disk for suction cup just to the left of the AUX IN. My Garmin suctions to the disk, and tilts up nicely. The top left corner of my GPS fits right into the top left corner where the lower tray/console and the A/C controls meet. Looks very clean IMO considering there are not alot of places to mount in the new Civic.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
anyone know how to take the console apart?

Im looking to run some wires through the console....does anyone know if the front pieces are just snapped in? I think my 06si was snapped together just havent seen anything on the 12' yet...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
There are two or three screws above the aux port, then it snaps off and I believe it is just clips after that

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I've found that a hammer will take most anything apart.....

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I've found that a hammer will take most anything apart.....
Haha I suppose that'll work, any luck japs?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the entire console? I want to run some wiring under there. Are there clips and screws? That ambient light tutorial only takes off the front piece. I want to remove the arm rest and all.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the entire console? I want to run some wiring under there. Are there clips and screws? That ambient light tutorial only takes off the front piece. I want to remove the arm rest and all.
take off that front piece. i believe there are two screws directly under the radio panel, then the front piece just kinda pulls out.
-take out i think 4 screws, 2 on each side. by the drivers side right foot, and the passengers left foot. the screws are on the side of the center console piece that goes under the dash.

-then take off your shift knob.

-then pull up on i think from the diagram, piece number 9. it just unclips. so use some force. maybe use a plastic scraper for leverage. the piece im talking about goes around the shifter, not the shiny rectangle, but the whole piece that rectangle is connected to.

-you will then see like 2 screws under that piece you just removed. take them out

-then 2 more screws in the center console. and it should come right out. just watch out for any electrical connectors, unplug them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I got in my car the shifter was stuck in first gear, I couldn't get it out of first into any other gear. Started the car and it was still stuck, pumped the clutch and still wouldn't budge, car could drive in first gear and was able to still go into neutral but when in neutral the shifter had a pulling feeling and couldn't wobble it around. I decided to try to take off the center console to get into the shift linkage to see if there was something wrong with it. popped the tab on the drivers side with a flat head, pulled on the driver side plastic center console piece and it cracked. Got pissed off and walked away, came back and moved my hand on the shifter and it was fixed, WTF... But now the passenger side plastic does not line up with the tray next to the shifter, the cracked driver side piece goes back in but the passenger side plastic doesn't line up, theres a gap between the tray and the driver side plastic. I am trying to completely take off the center console and putting back on to see if it will align again My question now is how do i remove the center console? I don't see anymore tabs other than the 1 on the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. Also does anyone know what was wrong with my shifter? Seems weird that it worked after i cracked the driver side plastic center console. The crack isn't even big it is the size of a quarter and just a thin line you can barley see. Still pissed off about that.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
There might be some more tabs at the far end of the console between the two front seats down near the bottom. Weird that your shifter works now. Did you recently install a battery relocation bracket?

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think there is a tab at the rear of the glovebox but I will need to get one of those abs plastic trim removal tools to pop the back of the glove box out without damaging it. I tried to remove the plastic trim around the shift boot to get to the shift linkage but I couldn't even get it off, don't know if it pops out from the outside or there are tabs on the inside that you need to remove the center console to get to. But I still don't know what was wrong with my shifter, sometimes 2nd gear will only go in half way when the car is off but usually when i start the car and pump the clutch it goes in normally. But now this time It was completely stuck in first gear but when I accidently I cracked the plastic side center console panel it fixed it lol. When I park I always put it in 1st or 2nd gear and then pull the ebrake, maybe this has something to do with it?

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
All center console removal threads have been merged into this main thread. Please note, there are probably differences between coupes and sedans and navigation and non-navi models.

For good threads that cover this question in part see this thread: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/transmission/25970-diy-buddy-club-short-shifter.html and this thread: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/interior-styling/16886-diy-mt-shift-knob-swap-correct-easy-way.html if you have any questions about removing the shifter knob for manual transmission-equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I typed "remove center console" into the search bar and got this. Good luck with your project, and welcome to 9th!

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Anyone have a DIY for removing center console? I dropped a screw that secures the radio.
How screwed (no pun intended) you are depends on where the screw dropped. If it dropped near the front you might be able to find it. If it dropped down behind everything you might as well buy a new screw. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts