9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just installed a HPS sri Intake on my 2015 Si and such a great upgrade. Noticeable smoothness in power. Super throaty sound in the higher rpm range and a breeze to install, no CEL. Found a nice "performance red" color one on the bay for $261 but was able to catch 10% eBay bucks off it. I was undecided between the K&N and the HPS. I had an HPS installed on another car before and I liked the dyno of the HPS better compared to K&N charts. Price was better and still came with a nice heat shield similar to K&N setup. Will get a few pics once we get some sunny weather here in great ol' CNY. Once again very glad to have gone with HPS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So figured I would update...
After a few days a cel came up for p0127 and was running rich. FP came though a day later and while waiting for first cal from Vit I loaded a basemap off FP manager for s&g...car ran like dick and threw a cel after a while. Again running rich. Got a starting cal from Vit and car was a totally different car. No cel since after receiving a revision cal as well. Running amazingly smooth and can tell whatever he is doing the car has no issues with the sri now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing if this varies from car to car. I have never thrown a CEL on my Injen CAI, but thinking about switching to an HPS short ram during the rainy season

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the HPS SRI on my ‘15 Si Coupe and threw the cel within the first hour of driving the car. Still runs better with the intake in but the cel bugs the crap outta me. Gonna have to get it tuned at some point.

·
Registered
936 Posts
How does it "run better with the intake" when you are getting a CEL? Your car is telling you it's running rich and not optimal.
You need to have the car tuned.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts