9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Hybrid Racing CAI install notes

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Midnight_pancakes135 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd like to start by saying a couple of things. First of all, this is not a full DIY; this is just a list of things that I ran into while installing this intake and some suggestions to get around these problems. Secondly, this intake is made for the 8th generation civic si so i would recommend having an rbc swap like myself. Ok now that iv'e said that, lets get into it.

One of the first problems you will run into is the battery relocation that is provided with the kit. You will need to do a couple of things if you wish to make that one work. Firstly you'll have to find a way to mount it, you could do anything from drilling and threading some holes or making some custom mounting brackets it's up to you i suppose. Secondly the battery tray is going to hit one of your clutch hard-lines. now you can either bend this line so it wont rub on your battery casing or you can buy a braided battery relocation clutch line from PRL motorsports, its around $50 and I personally think its worth it.Also you will have to relocate your coolant reservoir. Now finally, if this all sounds like too much of a hassle you can do what I did and just buy a full 9th generation SI battery relocation from PRL. it's a bit of extra money and its up to you if you want to spend it, also i'd like to note that i am in no way affiliated with PRL motorsports :biglaugh:.

Now onto the second issue of using this intake. once you have pretty much all of the intake piping in and you have your front bumper off you will most likely have trouble with the air filter. What I mean is you will notice that the intake pipe doesn't come down far enough and the cone filter will hit on parts of the frame. When I received my intake in the mail it came with two sections of pipe to connect to the throttle body. Now I assume this was intentional considering the HybridRacing website says "comes with couplers for large and small throttle bodies." So I used one of those sections of pipe to extend the intake down into the bumper a little bit so the cone wouldn't hit, you will need an extra hose clamp for this. Alternatively you could probably buy a different air filter that is a bit more slim, but you would have to make sure it would fit.

The third issue is that the mounting bracket to hold the air filter to the frame doesn't mount up. So you can make your own bracket, use zip ties, or just not mount it to the frame if you're confident.

Now for a couple extra things that aren't really problems , but just things you should be prepared for. This intake will not work without a flashpro, I should assume that you would already have one for an RBC swap but just in case i'll put this in here. Also you do have to replace your top radiator hose, the replacement supplied with the intake actually bolts up perfect , but be prepared to drain a bit of coolant.

I think this covers all the issues I ran into , you can pretty much just refer to the install guide on HybridRacing's website but I figured this little list would make the install easier. If you are wondering if this install is super hard it's definitely not, I'm a 17 year old who has never worked on any other cars besides this one and i got it done with two friends in no time.
If anyone has any questions or suggestions just ask or tell me and i'll try to respond ASAP.
I'm hoping that this intake will become more widely used since its such a good option IMHO but I suppose time will tell. I hope to put out some dyno numbers as soon as i get it tuned.
If any of you decide to install this intake and run into any problems please let me know in detail and i'll add them to this thread. Happy modding! :pinkvtec:

Unfortunately my post count isn't high enough to post pictures or links to pictures yet, if you would like to see photos of the Intake installed please feel free to PM me. sorry for the inconvenience.

See less See more
Reactions: RujoKinJal
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.