9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've done a couple quick searches and haven't been able to find a ton of info, or any recent first hand experience . Originally i wanted an 8th gen SI but couldn't find one so i went with a 9th. Well back when i was researching 8ths i planned on getting a Hybrid Racing CAI , it seems like a beast of an intake and even has hydrolock protection. Basically id like to know if anyone has done a Hybrid Racing CAI on an RBC swapped 9th gen. I want to run an RBC swap with a ZDX throttle body with the Hybrid Racing CAI. sorry if this has been covered in depth like i said i just did a few quick searches. thanks. :pinkvtec:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, ill have to give it a try then and see how how it goes haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was thinking about a PRL SRI as well but , i dont know; i figured id try something different. Worst case scenario it fails and I can make a post about it. Best case scenario is that it makes just as good of power as prl.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Don't forget if any intake makes real power it requires flashpro. Those are usually the ones that are 3.5" like PRL or Skunk2. All others just meh, more for looks and/or sound. Do alot of research and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget if any intake makes real power it requires flashpro. Those are usually the ones that are 3.5" like PRL or Skunk2. All others just meh, more for looks and/or sound. Do alot of research and do it right the first time.
Yeah , i already have a full race catless downpipe and just got a skunk2 mega power rr catback in the mail. I also have flashpro. The Hybrid racing setup is a 3.5" setup and made awesome power on the 8th gens. I know 8th gens are easier to make power with but i think it will be interesting to see the gains.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
got a link? Subscribed for updates!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol @ you because your car is a 9th generation and not a 8th. It hasn't been proven on your specific vehicle. If you are to make power go with what the forums suggest as the best way and not switch things up. Like the guy said "get it right the first time."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts