9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sucks that only the hybrid gets these. It is important for safety reasons. I got used to having drivers on the sides see me change lanes and avoid a bad situation. Even fender turn signals make a difference. They are required in Europe but not in the US... weird.

Anyway, do you guys know if the EX/SI comes pre-wired for these? Or would we have to take the doors apart?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Those would be nice!

·
Registered
266 Posts
side mirror turn signals would be really nice to have since its an extra safety measure and makes the car look better.

I would doubt that the EX/SI come pre-wired for that option. But it's a good chance the EX/SI has them, after all it's just wires and clips. I wonder how we can find out about this...

·
Registered
140 Posts
One of the many reasons I got the hybrid (side marker lights, awesome led tail lights and brake lights, blue tinted head lamps and blue accented grill, plus all the options that come in an ex save for sun roof). If it is not hard to wire, I wonder if you could just buy the hybrid side mirror housings.

·
Registered
266 Posts
One of the many reasons I got the hybrid (side marker lights, awesome led tail lights and brake lights, blue tinted head lamps and blue accented grill, plus all the options that come in an ex save for sun roof). If it is not hard to wire, I wonder if you could just buy the hybrid side mirror housings.
All those cool things on a Honda Hybrid must be nice to have. Honda could easily offer these on other trim levels in the Civic line up but it looks like they keep this exclusively for the Civic Hybrid. Seems like it's Honda's way to get people into a Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
All those cool things on a Honda Hybrid must be nice to have. Honda could easily offer these on other trim levels in the Civic line up but it looks like they keep this exclusively for the Civic Hybrid. Seems like it's Honda's way to get people into a Hybrid.
**** you honda

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know a better safety measure, ...check your blind spots before changing lanes, ...and don't assume that just because you've got your blinker on means that it gives you the right to start drifting into the lane you are changing into.

Sorry, I'm not saying that you do. My point is that all too often I'm sure we all see this happen everyday on our roadways. If we all follow a more defensive driving style, there'd be no need for us crying wolf for any type of sidemarkers. We've done without them in the past, ...why not still? /rant :giggle:

·
Registered
565 Posts
No matter if it's easy or not, I plan to get the Hybrid mirrors and tails on my Sedan EX. Trust.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know a better safety measure, ...check your blind spots before changing lanes, ...and don't assume that just because you've got your blinker on means that it gives you the right to start drifting into the lane you are changing into.

Sorry, I'm not saying that you do. My point is that all too often I'm sure we all see this happen everyday on our roadways. If we all follow a more defensive driving style, there'd be no need for us crying wolf for any type of sidemarkers. We've done without them in the past, ...why not still? /rant :giggle:
Even still...they look cooooool. I actually got the wide angle round mirrors to stick on my side mirrors because, well, I try to be a safe driver. I use my sweet mirror mounted turn signals as an added protection, not in leu of checking blind spots.

And I really do think the tail light housing is identical on the hybrid and non hybrid. We currently have one of each parked next to each other on my lot, and I sat there for a good 5 minutes at work the other day inspecting them. I will ask one of our service guys today and get a final answer. Yay working at a dealership! Knowledge at my fingertips!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hybrid Side Mirrors on non hybrid civic

Was wondering if it was possible to switch the side mirrors to the hybrid heated mirrors with turn signal and would the heated function work, really missed having heated side mirrors during the winter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
2012 Hybrid Side view mirrors on a Si....

So i finally got time to install the hybrid mirrors. Took me a good 2hrs . I have experience working with hydrid side view mirrors when i installed them on my 07 accord. These were a lot simpler If u follow the wiring color code, which the Si and the Hybrid wiring were the same colors but not the plug, i picked up the base model so there is no heated feature, also saved me a couple hundred bucks...:eusa_dance:
Parts Needed w/out Heated Feature #76258-TR2-305 Left, 76203-TR2-305 Right,
Covers sold seperate CBP # 76201-TR2-A01ZC Right, 76252-TR0-A21ZD Left.
Here a teaser.

Ok now installed..

TADA......

·
Registered
160 Posts
shit, looks nice man. Where did u pick them up from and how much. Is it a stright plug and play? and does it require a seperate switch for the light?

·
Registered
178 Posts
shit, looks nice man. Where did u pick them up from and how much. Is it a stright plug and play? and does it require a seperate switch for the light?
Thanks, I picked them up at my local Honda dealer i paid 400 for the set...Its not straight plug and play, you'll have to cut the plug from ur old mirror and wire it up with the new mirrors then its plug and play and the run a negative and positive for the singal light. No separate switch just splice it with ur singal light and ur singals work..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts