Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want LED TAILLIGHTS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Even still...they look cooooool. I actually got the wide angle round mirrors to stick on my side mirrors because, well, I try to be a safe driver. I use my sweet mirror mounted turn signals as an added protection, not in leu of checking blind spots.

And I really do think the tail light housing is identical on the hybrid and non hybrid. We currently have one of each parked next to each other on my lot, and I sat there for a good 5 minutes at work the other day inspecting them. I will ask one of our service guys today and get a final answer. Yay working at a dealership! Knowledge at my fingertips!
i think the harnesses are different, that, and the sedan and coupe have different shaped tail lights

·
Registered
565 Posts
I can't find anything for the side view mirrors.

2012 Civic Hybrid Sedan Tails

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
lol expensive assemblies, hopefully they'll be on ebay soon

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanna see if the hybrid tails will fit the ex sedan tails
Oh there interchangeable. I want the leds, but don't want the blue on top -_-

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think the blue is the bulb, right?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
you could always just tint over the blue or chip it off, yes, the blue looks weird

·
Registered
140 Posts
you could always just tint over the blue or chip it off, yes, the blue looks weird
I actually like the blue, but if it is not your thing....

It is not something you can chip off per-say. It is behind the housing, here, I will walk out to the lot and take a couple close ups. Be back in a couple minutes.

Edit: never mind, it looks like our hybrid got sold sometime in the past two days (my days off) so I will have to wait until my lunch to get some extreme close ups of my car.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I actually like the blue, but if it is not your thing....

It is not something you can chip off per-say. It is behind the housing, here, I will walk out to the lot and take a couple close ups. Be back in a couple minutes.
awesome thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
So, I decided to just go and do it. I also got some other shots just for fun.

Here is a close up of the blue reflector in the tail light housing.

Straight on shot.

Now for the additional random

Side mirror lens up close, including bugs.

Blue tinted headlight housing.

The "bug mirrors" I added for safety.

The trunk is a bit smaller in the hybrid due to that **** battery pack, can't store with it, can't drive without it.

Center brake light with clear housing...and Oregon duck personalization.

I-mid with battery usage info.

Low air resistance wheels (the instant that I can find a good looking low air resistance wheels, I am all over it)

Final full body shot. Beautiful.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I would like the blue but I don't know how it would look on a sunburst orange car lol, I doubt it would match to my tastes. Car looks nice, the body color really seems to match with the blue accents on the lights.

Btw from the moment I saw those wheels from the spy shots, I thought they where hideous. I really dig last gens hybrid wheels though, the current hf's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hybrid Brake Lights on an LX/EX?

Do you think its possible to put in the hybrid brake lights into an LX/EX because I really like the way they look compared to the regular civic brake lights.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can swap. The tails on the hybrids just have that clear portion on the tails but it still serves the functions as the other models :) i think it looks alright, ive seen one around here, Hybrid, and it does look different

1 - 20 of 68 Posts