9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The only problem would be modifying the bulb wire to power the leds and without electrical experience, it won't work out too well

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hybrid Tails in an Si Sedan

Hey all,

I'm planning on purchasing a set of Hybrid taillights for my RR Si Sedan, I know the reverse and turn bulbs are halogen, but I'm curious about the wiring plug connection for the LEDs for the tail and brake lights. Any one with a hybrid out there willing to tell me if its a standard connector, maybe take a picture? Thanks!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
nice...how much they run?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's what I've found out so far, all this info is from the honda Estore:

Looking at both the SI sedan and Hybrid parts list, the wiring harness has a different code (the harness is the bank of wires feeding into the tail lights). The SI's part # is 32108-TR7-A00 while the Hybrid's is 32108-TR2-A00. I dont know if that means the connector I have in my SI sedan for the tail / brake lights wont plug into the same connection in the Hybrid assembly. Unfortunately I think i'll have to look at one in person to find out. The other downside is that the hybrid tail lights are $350 each....ouch.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
nice...how much they run?
about $600+ for the pair...... this is why i rather spend the money buying the projector headlights, it's about the same price and it's not something you can just buy it from the u.s. honda dealership....

also, the blue tint on the top part kills it....

·
Registered
222 Posts
i was looking at those tail lights at dealership. i think they look very nice! but i would source them used in few months after national junkyard acquires more civics. im still on hunt for a TW sedan rear si bumper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well im actually already using LED bulbs from iJDMtoy with no codes - so im not to worried about the voltage drop off. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was wondering about this too! Saw a hybrid in front of me today and I dig those taillights.

Reactions: Digger

·
June 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
198 Posts
you can always tint the blue upper part so it wont look too bad. I want a set too, but 600+? maybe ill wait lol

Reactions: Digger
21 - 40 of 68 Posts