9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, dropped the payoff check in the mail this past weekend.

The car is about 10 days away from lease maturity and I can't extend it again.

Now I just have to wait for the title transfer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Woot! Grats, man. Few things are as satisfying. At one point, I was paying on my Silverado and the wife's RDX. Never again. Paid off her car first, then the truck. Luckily, the truck held its value enough that I got an even trade for my Si.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite honestly, the 10th gens do nothing for me. My wife's '18 Accord LX has got too many nanny-gadgets that I don't want to deal with in a 10th gen Civic.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only thing about the 10th that has me jealous is that highlighter yellow color from this year. 125% would do that color on this car.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The only thing about the 10th that has me jealous is that highlighter yellow color from this year. 125% would do that color on this car.

That alone has tempted me to buy a new SI lmao went and saw it in person lol but i also just dont really like the front end. The rear i like on the coupe but the sedan is god awful and i dont like how they sound with an exhaust setup.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The rear i like on the coupe but the sedan is god awful
It's so funny how they flip flop every generation for me. I liked the 8th coupe, 9th sedan, and 10th coupe. I've got kids, so the coupe is out now. Don't like the sedan either. A highlighter hatch Si would be so dope. That would prob be enough to make me jump.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's so funny how they flip flop every generation for me. I liked the 8th coupe, 9th sedan, and 10th coupe. I've got kids, so the coupe is out now. Don't like the sedan either. A highlighter hatch Si would be so dope. That would prob be enough to make me jump.
Of the three, I think I favor the hatch the most. But the coupe and sedan? Meh.

Getting back to the nanny-gadgets, 10th gens (Accords) feature:

- cruise control and braking system that flash a large BRAKE on the instrument panel when you get 'too close' to a car in front of you. I find it very intrusive, and quite insulting, tbh.

- an electric handbrake.

- a confusing array if options within the tach, as far as what it'll show you. I just want a speedo and tach to the jobs of a speedo and tach, tyvm.

- the elimination of a gas cap, and what has become a hunt for the release of the gas tank door/cap. This is now just something else that will be overly costly to replace, as compared to a dedicated gas cap. It is also pandering to people who just can't be bothered screwing a gas cap back in.

And then there's that large black growth on the inside of the windshield that is picking up and transmitting who-knows-what, probably location and road speed, as it shows the current speed limit, and when you exceed it. I just find it all intrusive, which added up to a 'no-thanks.'

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts