9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work 38 miles from home and with no traffic and cruise control set at 70mph I averaged 38.6 mpg. (No a/c)
On my way home I drove without the cruise control on doing 75-80 mpg with the a/c on and I averaged 40.2 mpg. What the hell?
By the way I didn't use the Econ button on either trip.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've found that will cruise control off, I get better gas mileage on my other car (it's a hybrid too). I believe this is normal and drivers have a better input when it comes to know when to give or let off the gas pedal.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Does your car have the Econ button? I end up getting worse mpg when using it.
Yes it does. With ECO and cruise on, the car doesn't try to maintain the set speed when going up hill. Also, I feel like with the ECO on, it cuts back power which makes the car work harder to get up to speed in certain situations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it does. With ECO and cruise on, the car doesn't try to maintain the set speed when going up hill. Also, I feel like with the ECO on, it cuts back power which makes the car work harder to get up to speed in certain situations.
Yeah the ECO is designed to cut power. I think it cuts 15 percent or something like that. I have a 2012 sedan and it's a 5 speed. It's my commuter car that I drive to and from work but WOW is thing slow. I've had many other Honda's and this one seems the slowest. Something like 0-60 in 15 minutes lol. I read on a forum and a guy nailed it and said theses engines sound like a sewing machine.. Haha. I knew they aren't for speed and will last forever and that's why I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts