9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been stumped on how can I pass emissions in Illinois. I have a 2015 Si coupe with the following bolt ons. Skunk2 Downpipe, Skunk2 fatback, Skunk2 CAI, and of course my hondata. I’ve gone to emissions twice and got “rejected” both times. Everything is “Not Ready” and so I fail my emissions. How do I get the car to pass? At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated

·
Registered
175 Posts
You’ll have to remove your downpipe and intake, put the stock parts back on, and flash your ECU back to stock. No other way to get around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I’ve been stumped on how can I pass emissions in Illinois. I have a 2015 Si coupe with the following bolt ons. Skunk2 Downpipe, Skunk2 fatback, Skunk2 CAI, and of course my hondata. I’ve gone to emissions twice and got “rejected” both times. Everything is “Not Ready” and so I fail my emissions. How do I get the car to pass? At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated
More info please.

Is your downpipe catted or catless?
What map are you using? Hondata reflash or a custom tune?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Is the emissions test in your state done by a sniffer? Like the thing they put on the end of your exhaust pipe? Or is it done via the OBD 2 sensor? If you're catless and they have a sniffer you can mess with the settings in Hondata all day long and you're going to fail before they even hook up the sniffers. If they use the OBD method, you might be able to get away with it. That's how Arizona is and I've been able to "pass" emissions without a catalytic converter for about 4 years now because the ECU thinks that everything is stock. Stupid ECU.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Is the emissions test in your state done by a sniffer? Like the thing they put on the end of your exhaust pipe? Or is it done via the OBD 2 sensor? If you're catless and they have a sniffer you can mess with the settings in Hondata all day long and you're going to fail before they even hook up the sniffers. If they use the OBD method, you might be able to get away with it. That's how Arizona is and I've been able to "pass" emissions without a catalytic converter for about 4 years now because the ECU thinks that everything is stock. Stupid ECU.
Sounds like they are scanning obd2 and his cat readiness and secondary o2 are not set (disabled in hondata). So even though there is no CEL, the emission equipment is not set and causing the failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. They do the obd2 and I haven’t had any luck passing. I’m going to put the stock cat on and reflash back to stock map. Hopefully it passes then

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah. They do the obd2 and I haven’t had any luck passing. I’m going to put the stock cat on and reflash back to stock map. Hopefully it passes then
Make sure you get all the way through a drive cycle before you go to get it inspected.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have no clue what to do

At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map.
Yes you do know..... :2thumbsup::2thumbsup: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And has been mentioned earlier put the stock intake on too.

Be glad you're not in CA. Once a car gets flagged, it gets the deluxe inspection every year!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact mods and it passed emissions what I did was reflashed back to stock and drove around for a little while you can see on hondata what your readiness parameters are in a certain menu you can pass with 2 of them not being ready but no more than that it worked fine for me no need to remove anything that's why you bought the hondata if your state only uses the obd 2 port to test your golden

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have the exact mods and it passed emissions what I did was reflashed back to stock and drove around for a little while you can see on hondata what your readiness parameters are in a certain menu you can pass with 2 of them not being ready but no more than that it worked fine for me no need to remove anything that's why you bought the hondata if your state only uses the obd 2 port to test your golden
You were able to get your readiness codes to set without a cat? Your car didn't throw a CEL?
What state are you in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Install a catted DP and re-tune for it while removing other bolt-ons or just go completely back to stock.
Not the most viable solution, keep all current mods and move to a state that doesn't require emissions testing like Florida or South Carolina :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was able to turn on all the necessary tests for Oregon (misfire detection, O2 tests, etc) by just swapping in a catted downpipe. I did also have to put a clutch and flywheel in because I had a lightweight flywheel and couldn't enable misfire detection with that... Anyhow, I think you should be able to just swap in a catted downpipe. Baby it around if you have to. . .

·
Banned
58 Posts
You should do it because federal laws were created to have and maintain clean air. That simple.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts