9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally went to the dealership to test drive a 09 SI after testing the car out on the road I didn't like the feel of the constant manual shifting at 52 years old thats not me I will leave that up to the young kids. They also wanted to much for this car that had scratches everywhere and the car was pearl black. 16,900 is what they were asking for.After going over the numbers between leasing and buying this 09 SI I decided to lease an automatic EX for 36 months with no money down where if I brought the SI I would have had to put 500 down and my trade plus my payment would have been 550.00 a month.I told the sales people they were nuts if they though I was going to pay that for a used SI as far as the feel of my 06 vs. the 2012 I like the 9th a lot so I don't know what all the fuss is about the new Civics being underrated by Consumers Report sound like some politics to me its almost the same car with added technology a a little roomier

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome to the site. I said the same thing after driving the manual in almost all city traffic. Yeah its a better trans and has a little more power but since my car is mostly my DD I went auto so as not to have the frustration.

I let one of my friends test drive my new ex coupe and she told me the other day shes trading in her 06 accord sedan for a new ex coupe. Not sure who consumer reports asked but everyone I know with old civics and accords seems to love the 9th gen.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Phillip you never mentioned how much are your payments for your ex. I am paying 188 a month for 36 months and 2 payments are done.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Phillip you never mentioned how much are your payments for your ex. I am paying 188 a month for 36 months and 2 payments are done.

Well since I had some credit issues with my scores in 500 plus range I ended up paying a little more 320 a month.They told me pay my monthly payments on time and I will establish a good credit rating after 36 months and will be able to lease any 2015 I want

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh ok got you. Well I hope your happy with your civic as I am. And after 3 years you'll get something different or a new civic it all good. Enjoy your ride bud.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to 9thgen!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I originally went to the dealership to test drive a 09 SI after testing the car out on the road I didn't like the feel of the constant manual shifting at 52 years old thats not me I will leave that up to the young kids. They also wanted to much for this car that had scratches everywhere and the car was pearl black. 16,900 is what they were asking for.After going over the numbers between leasing and buying this 09 SI I decided to lease an automatic EX for 36 months with no money down where if I brought the SI I would have had to put 500 down and my trade plus my payment would have been 550.00 a month.I told the sales people they were nuts if they though I was going to pay that for a used SI as far as the feel of my 06 vs. the 2012 I like the 9th a lot so I don't know what all the fuss is about the new Civics being underrated by Consumers Report sound like some politics to me its almost the same car with added technology a a little roomier
Phillip. Welcome to 9thgen.. I got the TW 9thgen EX-L Navi. It is awesome. Love this car much. Look in my gallery for my other options I added onto my car

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One other thing I asked at least 3 salesman plus the General Manager of Willis Honda about this revised 2013 Civic and as far as they knew there is no revised Civic coming out and they said they can't keep these 2012 Civics on the lot and there selling like hot cakes.I told them about the Consumer Report rating it low and one salesman said they did the same thing in the first year of the 2006 8th so I don't know if this is a big internet rumor about a revised Civic or maybe there just adding the European version in this country

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site and congrats on your new purchase....

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts