9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around and who makes the I-MID system for Honda?

Also, I have a 64GB USB stick connected:
Folder structure looks like
\MP3\ACDC\Back in Black
\MP3\U2\Rattle and Hum
\MP3\US\Zooropa

The I-MID system seems to just read the folders just above the MP3's so it shows them as
Back in Black
Rattle and Hum
Zooropa

I have close to 10000 songs sorted by artist then album... so IMID lists like 700 folders...
Is my only choice to rename and reorganize my MP3's on the USB stick to read:
\MP3\ACDC - Back in Black
\MP3\U2 - Rattle and Hum
\MP3\U2 - Zoorpa

So I will have a fighting chance of what folder I will be browsing?
Is there a way to decrease the I-MID font sizes so you can see longer names?

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
We just returned from test driving a '13 EX-L with Navi. I took along a flash drive to see how the system would handle it. Using our W7 computer I copied albums from seven artists (each in its own folder). The number of albums in each folder varied from one to five. Each album was a folder also. The number of tracks on each album varied, but the drive totaled 343 tracks. I formatted the 4GB Sandisk drive on the computer as a FAT32 format (not the quick format) and then used Windows Explorer to drag and drop each artist's albums to the flash drive. I let each drag/drop finish before starting a new one. The system was able to display and play any track we chose and displayed it on the iMid and the Navi screen. It displayed track number and title for each. All of the tracks were written as MP3s even though they might not have been stored on the computer in that format. The drive was about 1/3 full with those tracks. My next attempt will be with genre folders with the artist's alblums in those folders. The Navi pretty much sealed the deal with SWMBO.

Update: I don't know who makes the iMid, but I was told by the Honda salesman that the radios and Navi are made by Alpine.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
^ do you think u could send me an email or something on how to do this I've been searching everywhere and can't figure out how to get this damn thing to work

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Really, other than what I posted in the earlier post, all we did was bring up audio on the iMid with the menu button on the steering wheel, step through the sources until USB showed up, and scrolled down to which artist/album we wanted. It showed each track for that album just like Windows explorer would. I just set up a folder in W7 and copied each album to the artist folder. When I had all of them copied, I copied each artist folder (with its subfolders) to the formatted flash drive. That way, the tracks were in the same physical order as they were shown in Windows. The system picked them up just like that when the drive was plugged into the port in the Civic. I really did not do anything special or use special software to accomplish this. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really,

What I have found is that the 2015 Honda Civic LX i-MID only, no nav, the i-MID will simply list all folder names with an MP3 in the Folder on the flash drive.

Are you naming all your folders Artist-ALBUM or something like that?

Not exactly going to work if you have 500 CD's to burn to the Flash Driver, Interface is going to take too long to scroll to the ZZ-TOP Artist folder.

Is there any way to break this up by alphabet letter like A - Artists, B-Artists etc. that would at least give you a shot at using the scroll interface on the i-MID to locate your album.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Would love to hear from anyone on this topic.

Thanks,

Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts