9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and registered just to see if anyone knows what's up with my Civic... as the title says, my civic's i-MID display won't show average fuel economy, range, and total miles. On top of that, when I change the brightness of the dash, the meter that would normally come up on the i-MID has disappeared! And the small little animation that appears when turning ECON on and off is... gone. It just shows an icon on the dash now. I've googled, I've searched this forum, I've asked other 9th gen civic owners and nobody knows how to fix it. I just want to make sure that I've exhausted all my options before having to drag the car to the dealership.

Help please :( I'm really annoyed. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Answer to your question

What was the final outcome of this problem. I am having the same one. Thank you.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and registered just to see if anyone knows what's up with my Civic... as the title says, my civic's i-MID display won't show average fuel economy, range, and total miles. On top of that, when I change the brightness of the dash, the meter that would normally come up on the i-MID has disappeared! And the small little animation that appears when turning ECON on and off is... gone. It just shows an icon on the dash now. I've googled, I've searched this forum, I've asked other 9th gen civic owners and nobody knows how to fix it. I just want to make sure that I've exhausted all my options before having to drag the car to the dealership.

Help please :( I'm really annoyed. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nobody stated which model of Civic you had and whether it was US or CAN. Did you check all of the i-MID's customization settings? Perhaps they got reset or changed, somehow. Looking at pages 80 - 92 in the '12 OM.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Turned my key today, imid flickered, and then never came on. Went completely black my whole ride home. Once i got home, i turned my car off and on but nothing changed. I have an Si by the way. Car has 7k miles on it. Taking it to the dealer on monday. So lame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like a blown fuse... I've looked in the owner's manual but didn't see a fuse specifically for the i-mid (starts on page 312). I would test to see if anything else isn't working (interior lights, etc.) and, if so, replacing that fuse... magneto198, let us know what the dealer finds out... hate to have this happen with me!

Reactions: dougtheking13

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found this in another posting
"All, i have fixed this issue.

There was one fuse that was blown and it was the BACKUP FUSE in the fuse box located next to the engine."
Hope this helps!

BTW "Backup Fuse" is Fuse 29 (10Amp)

Reactions: dougtheking13

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well after two days, i got into my car and started it and my imid miraculously turned back on. Not sure whats going on but glad to have it back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just for an update, my battery died one day shortly after that last post. Jumped it and took it to Honda. They gave me a new battery under warranty. Never had any problems since.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it truly a battery issue? I got a 2012 Civic LX about 4 months ago and the i-Mid display just started doing the described actions as OP. No Average Mileage, no odometer, no maintenance options, doesn't display warning signs like hand-brake is up or if tire pressure is low, etc. It just shows me the clock, music playing, and, that's it.

Also, the brightness doesn't change AT ALL. The dash does but the i-Mid's display brightness is not affected by the brightness knob.

Edit:
I also forgot to mention, when I access the Menu controls it doesn't show the Maintenance and the door lock/interior lighting options. All I get is Odometer Settings, Clock Settings, and Wallpaper settings and that's it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,413 Posts
I will tell you that a low/bad battery can do all kinds of weird things to a car's electronics. When my Mini's battery was on its way out, I'd find the sunroof popped open some mornings, the doors would lock or unlock, the clock would change time on its own, and the OBD II would show codes. Replacing the battery stopped all the nonsense.

·
Registered
432 Posts
thanks guys this happened to me recently i was all worried checked all my fuses and nothing..but i remember the last time i saw it on i left my car on for almost two hours and after that it stopped showing up...so if anyone can confirm the problem being fixed from this let me know..because i do not wanna drop money on a new battery for no reason.

love this site :) i thought i shorted the computer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this in another posting
"All, i have fixed this issue.

There was one fuse that was blown and it was the BACKUP FUSE in the fuse box located next to the engine."
Hope this helps!

BTW "Backup Fuse" is Fuse 29 (10Amp)

this is it!!!
replace and it's good as new!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me, so I thought I'd post to some thanks, even though it's an old thread. I had the exact same problem that began two days ago (2012 Civic). No odometer, no fuel consumption, and no fuel range display. The background was there, but the numbers were missing. I came on this thread and it said it was a fuse problem, so I checked my fuses, specifically 29 in the engine and some of the surrounding ones, but none of them were burnt out. That was enough, though, because it's working now. So, thanks everyone for the knowledge, direction, and advice! I didn't even know I had a fuse box until this morning... My knowledge of my car is limited to kind of checking my oil (even though I don't really know what I'm looking for) and changing a tire. I'm feeling rather satisfied ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had this same issue with the I-mid, and replaced fuse 29 as suggested and the problem is resolved. However, the fuse tested okay with my multimeter. Since pulling out the fuse essentially cuts power to this circuit, it may very well of been power cycle that resolved it. I may try putting the original fuse back to test my theory

·
Registered
373 Posts
This thread looks like a good place

There is a software update for the IMID on 2012 Civic LX and HF for:
I-MID does not display Odometer, Trip, Fuel range, and Economy:
Bulletin 13-017, see your dealer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts