9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a 16 year old in highschool. I have a 2012 Si Coupe, basically all stock besides CAI, and short shifter, and I want my car to be a bit louder. I am buying a Invidia n1 exhaust soon, around springtime or maybe even earlier, but I kind of wanted to get a muffler delete in the mean time as a temporary loudness solution. I don't know if I should just keep driving with my stock-ish sounding car until I get the exhaust, or if I should go get the muffler delete.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You could go the route I currently have. Have a shop swap the muffler for a resonator. You'd have two resonators. The sound is perfect. Absolutely no drone in the cabin. Quiet when it needs to be, and loud when you want it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Can confirm Modrid's post. His car sounds really good. However, if you are already getting the Invidia n1 I wouldn't do the muffler delete. Save your money for the full system.

On a side note, I don't know about the N1, but my Invidia q300 hangs super low where its connected to the downpipe. Something to think about if you ever plan on lowering your vehicle.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wouldn't waste the money to get one and then do the other. Pick one and stick with it.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
339 Posts
i never thought of swapping a resonator in place of the muffler. pretty smart and easy id assume. you may want to go that route.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wouldn't waste the money to get one and then do the other. Pick one and stick with it.
Counterpoint: I did this with the intent on getting some sound while I saved up for a greddy supreme. Like it so much, I'm not even bothering with a catback now. Saved hundreds, lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Counterpoint: I did this with the intent on getting some sound while I saved up for a greddy supreme. Like it so much, I'm not even bothering with a catback now. Saved hundreds, lol.

Good point..... when choosing exhaust, it really comes down to you want it for sound or function. I'm more of function and would go 3" all the way back from the motor.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good point..... when choosing exhaust, it really comes down to you want it for sound or function. I'm more of function and would go 3" all the way back from the motor.
Very true. I just made the decision to stay at 2.5", otherwise I would have gone with a full swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts