9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive owned my 9th Civic since June of last year, I refuse to install HIDs without a projector housing they've been sitting here in the box for months now.. Any news on aftermarket kits? I'm so sad there are almost almost nothing aftermarket for our cars. Sema has come an gone...

:sad::sad::sad:

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i was gonna retrofit myself but im scared also.. but good thing the hid kit i bought dont give blare or spread out beams just a perfect beam pattern and lighnting i got the kit from xenondepot the volt kit

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I'm still waiting as well. Didn't the Asia model come with projector headlights? My wife's brother is in Thailand right now and I asked him to go searching around for the 2012 honda civic projector headlights. Haven't heard from him yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was concerned about glare but putting in 35W HIDs in the reflector housing seems to work fine. The light cut-off is the same as with the halogens, it doesn't hit unpleasantly hit the eyes of the driver in front (tested it out) and increases the brightness enough to see better without really expanding the light spread. It seems like the glare issues are only really apparent with the 55W bulbs that I find totally inconsiderate without projectors.

-Person who absolutely despises glare from modified headlights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The United Arab Emirates are projector.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
its really not a hard job anymore since they came out with the mini morimottas at the retrofitsource...basically take the headlight apart and lock the projectors in place..no more cutting and bs

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm still waiting as well. Didn't the Asia model come with projector headlights? My wife's brother is in Thailand right now and I asked him to go searching around for the 2012 honda civic projector headlights. Haven't heard from him yet.
yep, mine is japanese and comes with projectors civic.jpg

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
where are all the other members outside of north america? hook it up:happy:

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i would like some projectors... lol if i can get hold of some! if not might just save up n do a retrofit

·
Registered
597 Posts
The upper trims (1.8VTi and 2.0 Type-S) sold in China also use HID projector. And they are LHD. I also think sourcing parts in China is way easier than from UAE or Thailand.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Yes, I'm on boat to get those too. It would be really nice, and be obviously much easier than retrofitting. If anyone gets any info on how to buy a set of those I'd love to get in on it.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Been out of touch on here a long time, but projectors from UAE are about 1300-1600 if I remember my quote. They are dirt cheap after USD conversion but shipping and customs kills you... I can look up the info from a dealer/ exporter in UAE interested, I was close to pulling the trigger once, but that cost was more than I could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wonder if that is only the projectors, or actually the whole housing. If it's only the projectors, I might as well go get some S2000 projectors and I'm sure those are much better!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts