9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed my BC coilovers with 20mm spacers all around on my Si 2015. I lowered it for about a finger gap for the front and a little bit higher on the rear. I will go for an alignment soon and I just want to know what camber angles should I go for. I do not have any camber kits installed. Any input will help!

p.s it is my first time lowering a car so please bear with me :D thanks!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
So I recently installed my BC coilovers with 20mm spacers all around on my Si 2015. I lowered it for about a finger gap for the front and a little bit higher on the rear. I will go for an alignment soon and I just want to know what camber angles should I go for. I do not have any camber kits installed. Any input will help!

p.s it is my first time lowering a car so please bear with me :D thanks!
Do the BC's have camber plates on the front? If not camber is not adjustable from the factory on these cars so you will have to just take what you get...

In the front it probably won't change much. In the rear you will want to grab a pair of upper control arms to bring it back in spec.

I believe stock specs are around -0.5* front and -1.5* rear

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ideal for what? The ideal suspension specifications for a daily driver are very different than the ideal specifications for autocross, or road course work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the BC's have camber plates on the front? If not camber is not adjustable from the factory on these cars so you will have to just take what you get...

In the front it probably won't change much. In the rear you will want to grab a pair of upper control arms to bring it back in spec.

I believe stock specs are around -0.5* front and -1.5* rear

hey! yes the BCs have camber plates on the front! Should I keep the stock specs when I go for alignment you think? I'm looking for ideal specs for a daily driver :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ideal for what? The ideal suspension specifications for a daily driver are very different than the ideal specifications for autocross, or road course work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry! it's for a daily driver :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hey! yes the BCs have camber plates on the front! Should I keep the stock specs when I go for alignment you think? I'm looking for ideal specs for a daily driver :)
Yes, stock specs are fine for a daily and to get the most tread life for your tires.

Again, the rear camber is not adjustable so nothing you can do there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Get some adjustable rear upper suspension links (AKA camber arms) so that the alignment shop can get you within factory specs.
The rear suspension design of the 9th gen Civic makes it so that lowering even just a small amount can make a huge difference in negative camber. And on a daily driver, that excessive negative camber means you'll be buying rear tires more often since you'll wear out the inside edge a lot faster.
FYI, I have adjustable rear upper links (Buddy Club) with Swift Spec-R lowering springs, which only lower the rear 1".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, stock specs are fine for a daily and to get the most tread life for your tires.

Again, the rear camber is not adjustable so nothing you can do there.

thank you for your help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get some adjustable rear upper suspension links (AKA camber arms) so that the alignment shop can get you within factory specs.
The rear suspension design of the 9th gen Civic makes it so that lowering even just a small amount can make a huge difference in negative camber. And on a daily driver, that excessive negative camber means you'll be buying rear tires more often since you'll wear out the inside edge a lot faster.
FYI, I have adjustable rear upper links (Buddy Club) with Swift Spec-R lowering springs, which only lower the rear 1".
i will consider buying camber arms in the future. my rears tires are rubbing on the fender lip so i might just raise my car a little bit higher and stiffen up the suspension. thanks for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts