9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave my sunroof tilted most of the time, now its collected bunch of dirt and leaves and other crap. Any ideas on how to clean this ? By the cover I mean the piece where you can pull back and forth when sitting inside the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, sounds easy, but only thing I'm missing is a Long handled 1" paint brush and a shop vac with a crevice tool. LOL! thanks for the help.. would this completely clean up the mess ?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've had a car with a sunroof for the past six years. To clean the inside of the sun shade, you have to use a two-angle approach. Vent the sunroof, then use the crevice tool to reach inside the opening. Move the sun shade forward and back to reach the hidden areas. I bought an extra long, flexible crevice tool for my shop vac and it works great. Then, from inside the car, do the same process. The paintbrush Jesstzn mentioned will come in handy.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I think it's safe to say that Jesstzn is the forum's detailing expert! Was going to mention something to that matter as well. Don't worry about scratching it inside because the paint isn't even cleared in that spot :p

Vacuum will clean out the rest :)

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
I think it's safe to say that Jesstzn is the forum's detailing expert! Was going to mention something to that matter as well. Don't worry about scratching it inside because the paint isn't even cleared in that spot :p

Vacuum will clean out the rest :)
+2+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts