9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here know how to lower the idle speed on a 2015 Honda Civic si? It’s an electronic throttle body and I can’t find anything on the web on how to manually lower the idle speed on these cars.

·
Registered
643 Posts
From my experience, It's done purely through software changes.

There is a screw on on some of the electronic Honda/Acura TB's that is often referred to as an "idle screw", but I've yet to personally see it change how one operates. You'll see it referenced when talking about J-series TB's.

It is not present on the K24Z7 OEM TB though, so no need to go looking for it there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my experience, It's done purely through software changes.

There is a screw on on some of the electronic Honda/Acura TB's that is often referred to as an "idle screw", but I've yet to personally see it change how one operates. You'll see it referenced when talking about J-series TB's.

It is not present on the K24Z7 OEM TB though, so no need to go looking for it there.
Okay, that’s what I thought but I wasn’t positive. Figured I’d ask before I waste more time looking it up on the web. Thanks man!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You would need to change it using flashpro or Ktuner. I've only had experience with flashpro, but i know for a fact you can change the cold start and normal temp idle behavior using flashpro/flashpro manager, i've done it myself.

Not 100 % sure about Ktuner but i think its safe to assume you can do the same thing w/ its software.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts