9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Horribly sad. Proof that replacing the OEM with even the crappiest aftermarkets will show such a significant difference.

I wish that there were tweeters that were easily swappable, without cutting, etc. :(

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Dang, I thought they were good speakers since its titled premium audio system haha

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't think the "Premium" sound in the EX-L and Si is all that bad, but there is definitely room for improvement. I would love to be able to just swap the factory speakers and get a good upgrade, but I think it would take a little more than that for me to be truly satisfied.Cheap components or not, I'm glad I have the premium system with the, albeit a bit weak, factory subwoofer. At least when you forget you have crap speakers and blow one by cranking the volume, it'll be a cheap fix :D LOL.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What site did you get those prices from?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Horribly sad. Proof that replacing the OEM with even the crappiest aftermarkets will show such a significant difference.

I wish that there were tweeters that were easily swappable, without cutting, etc. :(
I replaced my front speakers with Alpine Type R Component and the tweeter was just put in without cutting.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
ADExternal is right. The coupe LX comes with 6 speakers (door, tweeters, rear deck) and the EX coupe gets the 360-watt premium system with 6 speakers and sub. Lower trim sedans get the shaft LOL.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for and how much you're willing to spend but there is no "best" replacement for them....
+1Polk DVI6500 Components are highly recommended and Infinity Kappa Components are some of the best you can buy.Personally, if you the have tweeters already, I would replace ONLY the tweeters with something like Infinity 1031T ($50) and see how that sounds for you. In my opinion, the stocker 6"5" in the doors sounds good and the bass it produces is the best you're get from that head unit unless you go and get a subwoofer and make your door speakers high pass via an amplifier.If your car does not already have tweeter, consider buying new a-pillars from Honda from an EX model that have the tweeter mount, and then install some nice tweeters in there.This might clean up your sound a lot. The first thing to go on my stock EX was the tweeters... now I'm $600 into a car audio build that I'm still not 100% pleased with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
which LX comes with tweeters? i have an LX sedan and it came with no tweeters.
Oh, strange, I didn't realize it but apparently it depends on coupe or sedan. According to Honda's site, for 2013 at least, it's:

LX sedan -> cheap mids, no tweeters, 160W
LX coupe -> cheap mids, cheap tweeters, 160W

EX/EX-L sedan -> cheap mids, cheap tweeters, 160W
EX/EX-L coupe -> premium mids, premium tweeters, subwoofer, 360W

Si sedan & coupe -> premium mids, premium tweeters, subwoofer, 360W

1 - 18 of 18 Posts