9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a paid endorsement or anything like that, I paid for a retune out of my own pocket and I will explain why in this post.

I have been tuned, and retuned by Vit 3 times, as I have changed configurations on the car several times, and retuned each time. Never had a problem with the tunes really although I had a few part throttle hiccups here and there, no big deal. The car ran good and clean, and felt strong. Once Vit announced he was no longer tuning Hondata I decided to look for another tuner, merely because I get nervous not having somebody to go to if I have an issue with my tune or anything like that. E-Tunes was recommended by a few so I reached out. Steve answered a few dozen questions I had, as well as asking me for a datalog to check on the tune after I had mentioned a couple of issues. Keep in mind I liked my Vit tunes, and had no major issues, just a few things I had noticed. Steve looked at my catalogs and said they looked good but some things could be adjusted. He asked what mods I had and what type of tune I would like. The amount of communication through the entire process has been the biggest departure from dealing with Vit, and it was my biggest complaint. I am on my 3rd cal with Steve at E-Tunes and he has sent me a new revision a day (first day he sent me two, thats how quick he is) and the communication that comes along with it is really refreshing.

Here is what he said when he sent me the first cal:
Revision1: Performance daily driver map, based off a 2014 ROM MT Si, Starting from a dyno tune for very similar modifications. ECT compensations setup for spoon thermostat to help with temperature tracking, custom fan settings. (173-170 might cycle too often). Custom WOT transition tables for better MPG under normal PT use. Custom cam angles for modifications, fueling and ignition setup for intake, require datalog tuning to confirm values will be reasonable though. Custom [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> RPM, [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>, [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>. Starting with AFM, will switch to SD after AFM calibration.

Rev 2:
Rev2: Large adjustments here up to 10%, better power at WOT for sure, less hesitation for sure, also some knock count and ignition corrections here, should feel better in the midrange.

Rev 3:
Revision 3: Large changes continued up to 5% on both PT and WOT, VTC and engagement improved as well as midrange, MPG increase on low cam with AFR correction. Minor knock count adjustments to ignition.

It is really nice to see what he is changing and what to expect.

So far I am very happy and impressed, and highly recommend E-Tunez if you are looking for any type of e-tuning solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time posting, been here since February or so. I have to agree with Hella JDM. Steve with e-tunez has been very quick and helpful so far. Very upfront about what is changing and what to expect. I only got my car in Feb 2018, and by the time I was ready to tune, Vit was done :( So I did as much research as I could, and I decided to try e-tunez. I am also on my third revision. So far, so good. Car feels better already. Hopefully my lazy a$$ will post a full review when we are all said and done. It seems there is a void now that Vit isn't tuning Hondata. Any other testimonials or reviews, for any tuners, would be very helpful to anyone, newcomers and vets.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
Any other testimonials or reviews, for any tuners, would be very helpful to anyone, newcomers and vets.
Do a search here on 'Iketh.' I'd do it and post a link, but it doesn't work too well for me.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to updated the post. I am finished with the tune and the car feels great. I had a new cal from Steve every business day (Sat, Sun no cal) and along with it, fantastic communication and he addressed every question or statement I made regarding a datalog. The entire experience was super positive and I will absolutely use Steve for future retunes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does he only tune using Flashpro? The pricing looks really good. Thank you for reviewing another option!

·
Registered
218 Posts
How long did it take from start to finish? About a month?

Also how many revisions did it take?

Etunez seems promising, only thing I dislike is that fact you have to constantly upload tunes

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Also how many revisions did it take?

Etunez seems promising, only thing I dislike is that fact you have to constantly upload tunes
Start to finish was two weeks. Revision 8 was my final revision. I had a tune every day so it really took 8 business days. To be fair, I was previously tuned by Vit. I had Steve check that tune and there were some areas that could use adjusting. He made it very clear that Vits tune was good and safe, but WOT was pretty rich and part throttle was a bit neglected. He at no time said anything negative about Vit or the tune, he was very impartial and actually showed me screen shots of the areas he wanted to address if I was to tune.

You are going to have to constantly upload tunes unless you live tune or dyno tune. Basically, you catalog for 30 minutes, upload that datalog, Steve adjusts your tune and sends a revision. You rinse and repeat that process until it is up to his standards.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does he only tune using Flashpro? The pricing looks really good. Thank you for reviewing another option!
He does Ktuner as well, but just be aware when I talked to him he said pricing may go up a bit over Flashpro. The software is... not ideal compared to Hondata's and it takes longer to tweak.

If anyone has ever played with it, they'll know what I'm talking about.

They don't build every tune from scratch so it's much shorter than Vit's timelines. I get why Vit did it that way, but personally I think it led to him doing a lot more work than he needed to (at least with most cars).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vit didn’t build everything from scratch. He had base tunes with similar mods that he gave to start out. I felt the differences from revision to revision. I didn’t really feel that when Vit tuned. Not a big deal and not an indication of anything, but I did notice it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
He does Ktuner as well, but just be aware when I talked to him he said pricing may go up a bit over Flashpro. The software is... not ideal compared to Hondata's and it takes longer to tweak.

If anyone has ever played with it, they'll know what I'm talking about.
I sent an email to him this morning asking about the KTuner pricing. I picked up a KTuner V2 for a good price so we'll see what he says.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just started my tune with Etunez, Steve has been great with answering questions, Rev 1 and the car already feels totally different, will be starting my datalog this week

·
Registered
403 Posts
Vit didn’t build everything from scratch. He had base tunes with similar mods that he gave to start out. I felt the differences from revision to revision. I didn’t really feel that when Vit tuned. Not a big deal and not an indication of anything, but I did notice it.
Of course you have to start somewhere, but Vit started his tunes in a far more stripped down state than Steve does. He then built slowly from there. Most notably in cam angle for low and high.

I sent an email to him this morning asking about the KTuner pricing. I picked up a KTuner V2 for a good price so we'll see what he says.
Wish you luck. You'll get a good tune regardless.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wish you luck. You'll get a good tune regardless.
He responded to me last night and confirmed he can tune using Ktuner and the cost is the same! So that's awesome news. I checked into a few other options like Derek Robinson and Rob Reinen, but they are quite a bit more expensive and from what I've seen the customer service by E-Tunez looks great. I see they've been tuning as far back as 2013 so looks like they've got the experience to back it up.

My Ktuner V2 will be here tomorrow. Now I just need to decide if I want to do the Acuity CAI now or later.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just started my tune with Etunez, Steve has been great with answering questions, Rev 1 and the car already feels totally different, will be starting my datalog this week
How has it gone so far?

I paid for my tune with Steve this morning so looking forward to getting squared away. I need a base tune first though as I'm going with an Acuity CAI and E85 on some ID1000 injectors.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How has it gone so far?

I paid for my tune with Steve this morning so looking forward to getting squared away. I need a base tune first though as I'm going with an Acuity CAI and E85 on some ID1000 injectors.
I'll get back to you when he sends me my first revision, I'll likely also make a review post once my tune is 100% complete.

I sent my first datalog on Wednesday night, and I guess since he recently came back from vacation, he's taking longer than usual to send a revision back, he's probably backed up on work, but it's no biggie, I don't mind waiting. I work fulltime too so it takes me a few days to find the time to record a datalog and send it out to Steve.

My first datalog was honestly pretty enjoyable, it feels great that I'm actually contributing to my tune, and it also gives me an excuse to go out for a nice long drive lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll get back to you when he sends me my first revision, I'll likely also make a review post once my tune is 100% complete.

I sent my first datalog on Wednesday night, and I guess since he recently came back from vacation, he's taking longer than usual to send a revision back, he's probably backed up on work, but it's no biggie, I don't mind waiting. I work fulltime too so it takes me a few days to find the time to record a datalog and send it out to Steve.

My first datalog was honestly pretty enjoyable, it feels great that I'm actually contributing to my tune, and it also gives me an excuse to go out for a nice long drive lol
Hi there! I also just started the process tuning with Steve from E-Tunez. I've just sent the first datalog that i've collected with the Ktuner stock equivalent basemap.
Are you using Ktuner or Hondata? Any mods on your car? Mine is a bone stock 2012 sedan.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi there! I also just started the process tuning with Steve from E-Tunez. I've just sent the first datalog that i've collected with the Ktuner stock equivalent basemap.
Are you using Ktuner or Hondata? Any mods on your car? Mine is a bone stock 2012 sedan.
Hondata
w/ 3.5: prl short ram intake, rv6 catted downpipe, q300 exhaust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hondata
w/ 3.5: prl short ram intake, rv6 catted downpipe, q300 exhaust
Hi there, you have the exact mods I plan on doing ! How are they working out for you and how did the e tuning go?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts