9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you don't the idle surges when coming to a stop and it's damn near undriveable at low speeds, like school zones and stuff. Basically the car is geared down to whatever rpm when coming to a stop, but the engine is trying to rev past it. We thought we were chasing a vacuum leak, but then I tested it on a hunch. No issues after that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, but just finished up my tune with E-tunez. Overall pretty satisfied with the results. Sent him money and mod list last Friday, had a basemap same day, and as of yesterday I was done. Granted i'm just basic bolt on's but the car runs quite a bit better than just the Hondata map. One piece of advice, when you upload a tune let the car idle for like ten minutes.
damn, that was fast....... my first e-tune took a few weeks and that was with me sending 1 data-log per day.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have already been Dyno tuned. I asked, they said they had locked my tune or whatnot. Not paying them again, cause the had someone remote in to there computer to tune my car, so basically paid 2 people to tune it.
I want to e tune the car for more boost, 3PSI, and a faster responding IAT sensor. Would have a locked map help any or would it be starting from scratch?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have already been Dyno tuned. I asked, they said they had locked my tune or whatnot. Not paying them again, cause the had someone remote in to there computer to tune my car, so basically paid 2 people to tune it.
I want to e tune the car for more boost, 3PSI, and a faster responding IAT sensor. Would have a locked map help any or would it be starting from scratch?
Well you'd have to ask, but I would imagine if you sent a datalog with the tune currently on it he could build a base from that.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
@9thgensifamily

A locked tune file will be inaccessible to another tuner.
If you were unhappy with the previous tuner, probably best to start from scratch. Most tuners would probably prefer to build their own file anyways, this way they are 100% of all the settings and parameters.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, but just finished up my tune with E-tunez. Overall pretty satisfied with the results. Sent him money and mod list last Friday, had a basemap same day, and as of yesterday I was done. Granted i'm just basic bolt on's but the car runs quite a bit better than just the Hondata map. One piece of advice, when you upload a tune let the car idle for like ten minutes.
If you don't mind me asking, what bolt on's are you running currently. I'm 99% sure I'm going with Steve for tuning (especially considering the RAVE reviews). I've got a Skunk2 CAI (Gotta find a battery relocation tray still) I still need to install and was considering picking up a downpipe to install along with it. I already have the Skunk2 Mega Power RR installed, but I figure it's not doing much for power since I'm still on the stock DP. Currently running the reflash map for about a month now and want to get off of it ASAP.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what bolt on's are you running currently. I'm 99% sure I'm going with Steve for tuning (especially considering the RAVE reviews). I've got a Skunk2 CAI (Gotta find a battery relocation tray still) I still need to install and was considering picking up a downpipe to install along with it. I already have the Skunk2 Mega Power RR installed, but I figure it's not doing much for power since I'm still on the stock DP. Currently running the reflash map for about a month now and want to get off of it ASAP.
Hps intake tube with kn filter, RV6 catted downpipe, Invidia Q300. If I didn't have the downpipe I wouldn't have gotten it tuned.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hps intake tube with kn filter, RV6 catted downpipe, Invidia Q300. If I didn't have the downpipe I wouldn't have gotten it tuned.

How long did you run the reflash? I keep tossing around the idea of going back to the stock basemap until getting tuned. I keep seeing people say that the reflash shouldn't be ran for very long.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
How long did you run the reflash? I keep tossing around the idea of going back to the stock basemap until getting tuned. I keep seeing people say that the reflash shouldn't be ran for very long.
Man I ran on the intake, cat delete, catback basemap since April. Car ran rich on the basemap, but no one blows up running rich. TBH it ran pretty well on the basemap, i'd argue that it almost runs as well as the tune does.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man I ran on the intake, cat delete, catback basemap since April. Car ran rich on the basemap, but no one blows up running rich. TBH it ran pretty well on the basemap, i'd argue that it almost runs as well as the tune does.
Good to know! And that was before the downpipe or after?

EDIT: I'm guessing before since you just got tuned for the downpipe. How long did you run the downpipe before tuning? Was that on the same intake, cat delete, catback basemap you were running since April?

That's what I was worried about with the straight reflash map. I read that it runs a bit lean, and just my luck I would end up blowing it up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You got a legit dyno tune after you supercharged?
Yes, used the same tuner as when I first got my e-tune. Found out he wasn't too far away from my location. Put down 352whp/290wtq. Tuner did both a dyno tune and street tune when I went up there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, used the same tuner as when I first got my e-tune. Found out he wasn't too far away from my location. Put down 352whp/290wtq. Tuner did both a dyno tune and street tune when I went up there.
How long have you been running with that power? Clutch upgraded?

·
Registered
361 Posts
How long have you been running with that power? Clutch upgraded?
It's been about 2 months. Yes, when I first installed it, I made the mistake by not upgrading the clutch. Seeing how others with the Kraftwerks kit used stock clutch with similar power, I thought it would've been ok. But I was totally wrong because the MercRacing kit has WAY more torque in the lower rpms than the Kraftwerks kit, so I was slipping around 3k rpm. Installed the ClutchMasters fx300.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just the stock reflash option.
Sounds like pretty much what I was thinking of doing. How long did you run the reflash basemap? I'm thinking I should be able to pick up a DP in the next 2 or 3 months and by then I should have the CAI and battery relocation done. Then get tuned after I have I/H/E done.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts